Chapter One

I watched as the scenery changed as the car moved, my eyes could only see the buildings and trees change; however my mind was occupied with pity for myself. Amongst my other two eldest sibling, I was always the quiet and reserved one... I only spoke out when I couldn't hold him my anger anymore and that rarely happened. Since I always kept to myself, I was never really close to anyone except my mum, he always encouraged me to be myself and always supported my decisions.

Everyone saw me as the introverted one whose nose is always in a book, but with my mum I was talkative and all smiles... He was my anchor. Last year after I'd just graduated from college mum became very sick, the doctors said she had caught a very dangerous virus and it was eating her up day by day. I watched as my mother depreciated and I was the one with her when she passed.

The whole process done to her funeral.. I lost it. Is it will sell to the gap she had left but I felt like her get affected me the most. You took everything for me to put myself together. Since everyone was trying to mourn in their own way, dad abandoned his business and by the end of the year, we discovered that his trusted friend had scammed him and not only did we lose mum, went from the highest point of which is to barely feeding. We all had to depend on my eldest brother Matthew.

Being a bit overweight and introverted, I didn't have friends. Yes, I had people that talked to me in class but I never had the kind of friend that I could tell everything to and had sleepovers with. The only person who came close to that was mum. I couldn't believe that we had lost everything within a year... I've always been a strong believer,always believed that it didn't matter if others didn't like me or I should share with me.. all that mattered was that I had my mother and God by my side but after the whole incident last year, I decided to give Christianity a break... God abandoned me... He failed me.

After the New year celebration which wasn't much of a celebration in my house, I decided that I couldn't stay there anymore. So I picked up the phone and called my mum's brother.. once we spoke it was setting I was moving. Telling my dad and my brothers was the hardest part, Liam my second eldest brother didn't buy the idea at first but had no choice but to support me.
That was how I found myself and my luggage in the moving car to Arizona.

🍁🍁🍁

Uncle Travis was the most funny and friendliest uncle among my other uncles goes on my mother's side and Father's side. It was the reason I didn't still understand how he wasn't married yet... You could say he was my favourite uncle.

Reaching his home it was a reading night.. before I could get out of the car, the front door flung open and I saw a smiling uncle Travis at the door.."Anika" he said my name in a loud happy voice. I smiled back at him and went to give him a hug as the cab Guy brought out my luggage.

"Aww, Anika it must have been very hard for you to leave the room and come here"he said his voice lowering in sympathy. I felt my eyes well up and felt a tear slip.."uncle Travis uncle"I whispered as I busted out in tears and he patted my hair as he allowed me to cry to my heart's desire. By the time I was done, the cab guy was long gone and my legs were aching from how long we have been standing. Guiding me in, uncle Travis said "come on let me show you your room"..

After unpacking and fully settling down, it was almost midnight. Moving downstairs, I went in search of anything I could eat to satisfy the hunger that had grown while I was unpacking. I wasn't so surprised to see uncle Travis watching the sports channel. Having heard my movement, he turned my way "hey Ann, want something? " He asked. Giving him a shy smile "I'm kinda hungry, do you have any food uncle Trey? " I asked.

His face morphed into that of horror..."Oh my god, I'm so sorry Anika.... I knew... I just knew it.. I was forgetting something. I didn't go to the grocery shop but there is some left over pepperoni pizza in the fridge, will that do? "He asked me looking guilty. Giggling "don't worry uncle Trey it will do, I'll go grocery shopping for you if you let me use your truck and give me directions " I said with a smile... Looking at me a bit sceptical "are you sure Ann?" He asked. Still smiling at him I said " of course uncle Trey and moreover you and I know how much you loot grocery shopping"..