𝟎𝟏𝟑. "𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡"

"𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝
𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭"

"𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭"

moodswings - 5sos
(i suggest listening to the song as you read)

———

CHAPTER 13
"EMOTION RUSH"

previously...

the last thing matt hears before finally getting outside is a familiar voice yelling his name over and over.

[real life]

as the doors shut close, the cold breeze of the air hits matt's face. his heart still beating quickly he looks around and sees a bench. he rushes to it sitting down trying to calm himself down.

matt shuts his eyes holding his head taking slow and deep breathes. he opens his eyes when feeling a weight on the other end of the bench. he lifts his head looking over his side, it was chris. seeing his brother fills him with a rush of emotions.

chris frowns when see his brothers lip tremble, his eyes filling with tears. "hey calm down it's okay i'm here." he says quietly wrapping an arm around matt's shoulder's pulling him into a hug.

after a few minutes of silence chris carefully asks "do you wanna tell me what happened?" as he looks over at matt waiting for him to speak. his brother shrugs "i don't even know. all i kept hearing in my head was the the same name being shouted at me repeatedly" he says quietly. not wanting to pester him chris questions, "what name?"

matt hesitates on even saying it out loud, instead he looks away. before he says anything the doors open again and melina walks out running towards them smiling "layla got the textbooks, look!" she says showing them the two books in her hands. she furrows her brows when seeing matt not even facing her or chris.

melina slowly lowers the books down and asks "what's going on? did something happen?" chris shakes his head "nah nothing happened. i was just bored of waiting inside and matt got a phone call." he says lying covering for his brother.

melina looks over at matt not even thinking before saying "oh, josie right, it's still odd that you're still talking to her but whatever." she laughs dryly.

at her comment, suddenly any of the feelings matt had inside in the library immediately vanished. bringing back the familiar feeling of annoyance and hatred towards her.