𝟎𝟏𝟒. "𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬"

"𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮,
𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬"

"𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬"

talk - november lights

———

CHAPTER 14
"NOT FRIENDS"

[real life]

matt was supposed to drive melina home right after the library but of course chris had other plans. he kept begging matt to drive him to the nearest chick fil a. now in the long drive thru line it's finally their turn to get their order.

"would you like any sauce? with your order?" the worker guy says handing matt the food. obviously matt hasn't noticed who it was since he was on his phone. melina shakes matt's shoulder "he asked you a question." she says typing away on her phone.

"oh sorry, yeah the usual sauces." matt says looking up, when he recognizes ivan what ever the fuck his last name is. matt didn't care to memorize it. he lets out a quiet laugh looking behind him at melina. now he just feels like messing with her.

"oh, ivan! haven't seen you in a while. melina look it's ivan, you remember him don't you? your ex and the guy my girlfriend cheated on me with." matt says with a sarcastic smile on his face. melina's head snaps up at the mention of her ex. her eyes widen as she throws her phone to the side.

"w-what?." she says nervously stuttering as matt grabs the food handing it over to chris who also looks up physically jumping when seeing ivan wearing a goofy chick fil a hat. melina finally comes to her senses and looks over matt's window and it was in fact ivan, her old seven year crush.

chris leans over matt "holy shit ivan you work here? thought my brothers ex girlfriend got a job for you at the factory. " he says grabbing a fry and eating it. ivan nods awkwardly, "yeah i've been working for a couple months now." he looks over at melina and smiles at her ignoring matt and chris' jabs at him about josie.

"hey melina." ivan says but still in shock melina doesn't reply to him. matt turns to look at her in his seat he leans over aggressively shaking her leg. "are you deaf, he's saying hi." he lets out a forced laugh.

matt was obviously acting this way towards melina to not fully face what he's starting to feel. he hid his jealously with taunting her, since it's what he's used to. not realizing how fake his tone was and how clear his jealousy was showing. chris though, he noticed.

melina furrows her brows at matt's desperation to get her to interact with ivan. ignoring matt melina looks out the window faking enthusiasm "wow ivan hi, the last time i saw you was when you were exchanging saliva with josie pomeno at homecoming. how are you two by the way?" making ivan scratch his head nervously.