𝟎𝟏𝟖. "𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲"

"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞"

"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞"

arms - christina perri

———

CHAPTER 18
"BOTH PETTY"

[real life]

melina shuts her locker putting away her government text book. after putting her backpack back on, she leaves for lunch. as she goes to open the doors to go outside melina feels a tap on her shoulder.

she turns around and nearly faints when seeing josie standing next to her. "hey melina, long time no see." josie says awkwardly as melina looks her up and down. "josie. you actually moved back." she says dryly putting her phone in her pocket. josie shrugs "i did, i missed home and everyone." she says quietly as melina squints her eyes not believing that shit.

josie furrows her brows at melina. "what! i did!" she exclaims moving her hair back. melina nods clicking her tongue, "right. well i'm hungry so see you around." she states going to walk out but josie stops her again, this time her nice attitude is gone.

josie steps closer holding the door shut "i'm telling you this once so listen up. you need to stay away from matt. you're always in the way of our relationship, i'm tired of it." she snaps as melina's eyebrows shoot upwards "what relationship? he doesn't even like you. not anymore." she says laughing.

josie narrows her eyes "look what i did, it was a huge mistake. i know that. you can't hold it against me forever."

"actually i can, you got together with my boyfriend, neither of you caring about anyone but yourselves and betrayed us josie." there's the us again. melina continues getting closer to her making sure josie got the point of her words "you lost our trust a long time ago. all of us." she snaps pushing away josie's hand from the door.

melina grabs the door handle breathing in before saying "so no i won't stay away from matt because he's my friend. something you'll never be again." she says confidently letting the words slip from her mouth without thinking.

obviously that was a lie. melina needed to let josie know that her words had no effect on her.

not letting melina sense the shock she felt from her words, josie shakes her head smiling tightly "wow mel, being friends with the guy that started a rumour about you is quite surprising. if i were you, i wouldn't even be able to look at him without being reminded of what he said about me." she says faking sympathy while staring at her once best friend with a concerned look on her face.