Chapter 3

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕱𝖆𝖛𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖊 𝕮𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖇𝖞 𝕺𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖆 𝕽𝖔𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖔

***

After his words, I felt his warmth wrapping me in a new light and I lost count of my best friend's hands over me. As I shifted my attention from that despicable and sinister smile on his face, I saw Klein's eyes, shining with unfamiliarity, his mouth open and his hands trying to reach my place.

But it took us seconds to be apart when it felt like an eternity with the slow-revolving world surrounding us. I tried to nod with a smile at him, but he shut his mouth and kept his hand close to his chest.

The silhouette of the past should have faded away, but it remained without any soul lingering in my current position. It stayed there, like a statue of a never-ending breeze.

"Phew, would you call that a rescue in time," I heard Vaxius speak.

When my vision isn't already traveling around the place, my gaze fixed on the young man who was wiping some of the cold water falling from his forehead with the back of his hand, plastering that kind curled up lips on his face, a different tone from what he had earlier to his friend.

"I wouldn't even call that a rescue, Vaxius," I said rolling my eyes and putting my arms around my chest, and instead of looking at him, I looked at the place he brought me.

But a different kind of sound reverberated within the place, when I thought he would sigh, or even speak some words, I heard these soft chuckles.

I tried to look at him but these striking warm rays of light beamed at my position that I managed to cover them with my hand. My colorful vision faded into the darkness for that split second before looming into the colorful abyss of the present, only to widen my soul's view.

If I never had met this person in this timeline, I wouldn't be able to know what he truly feels, just like what he had become in that distant past.

Why didn't I think of it before, that Vaxius also had this luscious golden hair, but his eyes speak of an emerald jewel, the kind of gem that would always give me peace.

When my hands wanted that color bathed in the fresh golden hue of tomorrow's skin, I felt he intertwined them with mine.

I tried to reason for something but heard him repeating those soft laughs.

"Finally, you called me by my name, and it's so sudden that I couldn't think of any words than a chuckle," his tone became softer, and his gazes toward me felt the same as before but I knew some vagueness that changed.

I gulped and blinked.

I could still feel his warmth over my hands, but my gaze wouldn't come down when I wanted it to. It stayed on that mesmerizing, gentle, kind face of a prince who was known to be a playboy and a bad boy.

Because of the sudden thought coming to my mind, I became more curious about this young man. If he was a playboy and a bad boy at the same time, why could he make these kinds of faces, considering that he looked nothing like someone who was supposed to be bad?

He may be a playboy, but I felt as if we were the same. We aim to stitch something from our chest that was broken a very long time ago.

But I never realized that my curiosity led him to widen his eyes with my sudden move.

"W-What....?"

"Just stay still," I said. I put both of my hands to his cheeks enough to feel his warmth that my reflection on his soul widened but he never removed it.