23.Tum neend mein thi?

There was an awkward silence between them which he broke by asking her ...

Dishu ? Nice nickname. Looks like you two are very close...

The tone in which he spoke wasn't angry but it was disappointing and sad..

Dishika: nahi vo toh bas everyone calls me that at home and..
( nothing like that every one calls me that and )

Adhiraj: And he calls you that too ..

Dishika: Nahi vo bus
( No it's just )

Adhiraj: Nahi kya Ishu !
(What no Ishu ?)

Adhiraj said loudly and drove the car without saying anything.

Meanwhile Dishika was left speechless by this act of his . He called her" Ishu ". She had gotten many nicknames but this .. it made her feel special and felt butterflies in her stomach. She was brought out of her la la land when Adhiraj told her ..

We have reached

She nodded her head and both went in and straight to their room. Entering their room Adhiraj spoke up: we need to talk

And running her smart brain Dishika thought it would be something related to Vikrant and started avoiding the conversation..

D - umm main thoda thak gayi hoon so I'll take a shower uske baad baat karien?

( I am a little tired so I'll take a shower and we'll talk after that?)

Dishika spoke, showing her puppy eyes..

Adhiraj just hummed and left..

After a 30 min long shower she came out and saw Adhiraj on bed with his laptop. He looked at her and she spoke again..

Bahut Sardi hai na... main coffee lekar aati hoon.

( It's very cold right... let me get some coffee)

Without giving him a chance to speak she ran to the kitchen.

Upon reaching she called Anjali..

Dishika - Hello Anjali sun muje correct 8 mins baad call karna. Ok bye .

( Hello Anjali listen call me exactly after 8 mins from now)

She made the coffee and took her own sweet time to go back to their room.

She gave him the coffee and sat in front of him when her phone rang..

Yess ! She celebrated in her mind and looked at the screen and then at Adhiraj and spoke again..

Vo Anjali ka call hai .. m sorry par bahut time se usse baat nahi ki ... toh main usse baat karke aati hoon . You please enjoy the coffee.

( actually it's been a long time since I have spoken to her and so I can't miss this call . I'll speak to her and will be back meanwhile you please enjoy your coffee)

And she ran from there fast ( that speed would have put Usain Bolt to Shame ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ )

She spent a lot of time speaking with Anjali and then she went for dinner straight from there without giving him a look .

At the dinner table too she ate her food as fast as possible and went to the room and slept on the couch.

Well acted as if she was sleeping.
To make it look more real she threw in some snores too !

Adhiraj knew she was avoiding him and this was pissing him off .

As he entered the room he saw her sleeping on the couch. Well knowing her for a month he knows that this woman doesn't go to sleep at 9 pm . Well 9 pm could be called evening for her .
He stood there for 5 mins and started walking towards her and picked her up from the couch and she left a small squeal. But she covered it by snoring again.

Adhiraj smiled and shook his head and put her on the bed.

Dishika was running her mind in all the directions to analyse what he was doing when she felt the dip and a hand over her stomach turning her towards the other side .

She squeezed her eyes shut tightly..

Adhiraj pulled her closer and she was now able to feel the heat of his body. She was so cold that the heat from his body made her sweat thinking about what was going to happen next .

Seeing the sweat droplets on her face, Adhiraj blew cold air on her face .

Her mind was unable to register on what was happening with her when she suddenly felt Adhiraj's nose bumping into hers and that ...was... it .

She opened her eyes and was about to scream when Adhiraj closed her mouth with his hand and spoke in her ear. .

It's me, Ishu !

Dishika just kept looking into his eyes .

Adhiraj sure did call her Ishu randomly but now that he did ..he liked it a lot . In Fact he loved it..it was just him who would call her Ishu . His Ishu

Adhiraj was in his dreams when Dishika suddenly bit him .

Dishika : kya kar rahe the aap ? Aap mere neend mein hone ka fayda utha rahe the ???

( What were you trying to do ? Were you taking advantage of me being in sleep )

Adhiraj: tum neend mein thi ?
( Were you asleep?)

Adhiraj told as a matter of factly ~

Dishika: nai par
( No but )

Adhiraj: toh maine tumhare neend mein hone ka fayda kaise uthaya ?
( If no then how did I take advantage?)

Dishika didn't have anything to speak so she just huffed and sat up and said to him

Dishika :aapne Jo aaj Kiya hai na main chodungi nahi Aapko !
( I won't leave you after what you did today)

Adhiraj held her wrist, pulled her close and spoke in a flirty tone..

Please mujhe mat chodna
( please don't leave me)

Dishika was speechless. She was tongue tied . What the hell was wrong with him . Why is he behaving like this..

Adhiraj left a loud chuckle but his face turned serious suddenly ..

Dishika, this is serious. Please don't ignore me.
Dishika stayed quiet and Adhiraj continued speaking about how she should be careful and not mingle with everyone as it's not safe .
.
After this conversation they slept. But Adhiraj had an unsettling feeling. He felt like something was not correct...
A few days passed by and Adhiraj continued his duty of dropping and picking her up but everytime he was there .. There was Vikrant too. Adhiraj didn't like it a bit . He saw how Dishika was getting along with him and he wouldn't agree but he was dead jealous.
He had been having a constant fight with his mind and brain and this resulted in him becoming more quiet. He didn't speak to Dishika for all those days but today he had to ... just because they had to go to the Party. He called her up and informed
that they'll be going for the gala shopping tomorrow so she should take a half day leave....

Dishika had been noticing all this but she didn't say a word. Well in reality she was dying to tell him how annoying Vikrant was but Dishika thought of seeing if he gets jealous. Though she knew that he had made her sign those prenup papers, now a month into their marriage she can't deny the fact that she liked him . Well definitely his looks were add-ons but him as a person was who she liked. But she always just stopped there reminding herself that he doesn't want her .
.
.
.
.
.
The next day followed and both of them went for the Gala shopping. And it was tiring as hell for Adhiraj. He always had his outfits picked up by someone else but coming with Dishika and shopping for both of them was very tiring.
On the other hand, our Dishu enjoyed it to no end. They shopped dresses and had amazing brunch. She loved how the day went by .
.
.
.
Today was the day of the Gala . It was an important party for Adhiraj because he was getting awarded with the best tycoon young achiever award . Also because Adhiraj had planned to announce his wedding today.

Getting ready in his suit he entered the room and..
.
.
.
.

.
.
..
An /~ so this was today's chapter guys. Let me know your thoughts about this in the comments. Like vote and comment. Until next time bbyeee 🩷