𝟎𝟐𝟐. "𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫"

"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞"

rumour has it - adele

———

CHAPTER 22
"NEW RUMOR"

[real life]

chris follows matt into avi's room "matt! what the hell was that?!" he exclaims closing the door as matt sets avi down on the carpet. the little girl glances at chris before yelling "what the hell!" matt's eyes widen kneeling down quickly and covering avi's mouth "avi no! that's a bad word." he says nervously hoping melina didn't hear from down stairs.

matt gets up walking over to chris slapping his arm "you're an idiot!" he snaps making chris exclaim in pain. "you and melina are being extremely aggressive towards me today! it needs to stop!" he says shoving matt lightly. avi glances up at both of them giggling handing matt a fake cupcake toy.

chris sits down on a small chair running a hand through his hair "anyway, i'm talking about what you just said in the living room! are you stupid?" he says, then groans when matt gives him a warning look "sorry." he mutters glancing at avi who puts mickey mouse ears on matt's head. "well? are you going to explain or sit there with those mickey mouse ears pretending you can't hear me." chris questions, as matt groans "what did i even say that was so shocking?" he exclaims annoyed because he didn't get what the big deal was.

chris stares at his brother as if he was wearing an 'i'm stupid' t-shirt. "oh my god matt, i'm talking about you, implying that you and melina have a relationship!" chris exclaims with air quotes; now annoyed that matt was either acting like he was confused or he's just genuinely being clueless.

matt lets out a slight laugh "i didn't say that." he says picking at a string on his pants. chris groans grabbing his head "i hate it when you use your gaslighting tricks on me!" he groans frustratedly, "you did say that! and you know it. god, talking to you is always so much work" he says as matt rolls his eyes "shut up, i didn't mean it like that obviously." he snaps throwing his arm up.

in the living room downstairs izzy continues to eat her chicken as melina flips through netflix finally pressing play on an episode of 'new girl' izzy glances at melina who's playing around with the pokémon pin in her pocket. she smiles staring at the t.v., "so, how's that project coming along?" she asks setting her soda down on the couch cupholder.

melina lays her head back pushing the button on the pull out couch, "it's going well i guess, i already finished the part about seth. i'm struggling on writing about matt, which is just great by the way, especially with him being a confusing moron!" she exclaims sarcastically.