Chapter 17

Hi, my loves! I'm also dedicating this chapter to 4194383221Ab who's my new fav reader and has been reminding me to update <3

Hope y'all like it lol

(...)

Elon leans closer to Taylor, his eyes filled with concern. "Hey, Tay, listen. I know it's tough, but you can't let others dictate your life like this. You gotta chill and do what feels right for you."

Taylor wipes away a tear and looks into Elon's eyes. "I wish it were that easy, Elon. But my career means everything to me, and Tree has been there from the beginning. I don't want to disappoint her, but I also don't want to let go of what we have."

Elon takes Taylor's hand in his and gives it a gentle squeeze. "I understand, Taylor. But sometimes, you have to take risks and go after what makes you happy. You can't keep living in fear of what might leak or what others might say. It's your life, and you deserve to live it on your terms."

Taylor looks at Elon, her eyes sparkling with a mixture of gratitude and uncertainty. "You really think so?"

He nods, a soft smile playing on his lips. "Absolutely, Taylor. You're strong, talented, and extraordinary. Trust in yourself and your decisions. I'll be right here by your side, supporting you every step of the way."

Taylor's heart warms at Elon's words.

She begins to feel a glimmer of hope, she sighs and says, "You're right, Elon. But I should probably go home before Tree completely freaks out. She can be really intense."

Elon nods understandingly, his hands still holding hers. "I respect whatever decision you make, Taylor. But you know, sometimes you gotta take control of your own life. Don't let others hold all the power."

Taylor raises an eyebrow, a spark of curiosity in her eyes. "What do you mean?"

He smiles mischievously, leaning in closer. "I mean, why should we always play by the rules and let others dictate our every move? Life is too short for that, don't you think? Maybe it's time you start embracing your rebellious side."

Taylor's eyes widen, a mixture of excitement and apprehension dancing within them.

She sighs, her excitement momentarily tempered. "As much as I want to make crazy decisions and embrace this newfound freedom, Elon, I still feel like I'd better go home for now. Tree is relentless, and I don't want to cause more trouble."

Elon's face softens, disappointment flickering in his eyes. "I understand, Taylor. Your peace of mind is important, and I never want to push you into anything you're not ready for."

Taylor nods appreciatively, her fingers gently brushing against Elon's cheek. "Thank you for understanding, Elon. You've already brought so much joy into my life these past days... which is surprisingly funny, since it's you out of all people."

A playful grin tugs at Elon's lips, chasing away the desolation. "Speaking of joy, did you like the fact that I named the rocket TS-13 after you, or was it too cringe? Be honest now."

Taylor bursts into laughter, the sound filling the air with infectious joy. "Well, it was... incredibly sweet. But you know what? Cringe can be endearing sometimes. It made me feel special, like I had a small part in your incredible ventures."

Elon chuckles along with Taylor, his eyes twinkling with affection. "I'm glad you think so. I aim to entertain and surprise. And let me tell you, the adventures we'll have together will never be boring or ordinary."

Taylor's laughter fills the air, her eyes gleaming with mirth. "Alright, fine, you win. It was far from cringe. It was actually pretty cool and adorable. There, I said it."