𝟎𝟑𝟎. "𝐞𝐱 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬"

"𝐰𝐡𝐲'𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝
𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝"

"𝐰𝐡𝐲'𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝"

complicated - avril lavigne

———

CHAPTER 30
"EX HORRORS"

[real life, imessage]

melina makes eye contact with josie, who was stood by the bathroom a few feet away from her. so many thoughts run though melina's mind as everyone stands there in silence. how long has she been here? WHY was she here?

matt looks over at chris with a sigh, "guys she's here for the halloween party we're having tomorrow, alright?" josie walks up next to him getting a little too close with a small smile, "yeah  it wouldn't hurt to join you guys for one last high school party right?"

at her lame attempt to be sentimental nick lets out a small "pfft" making everyone turn to look over at him. "okay... but what are you doing here right now? the party isn't until fucking tomorrow." he challenges looking josie up and down.

josie plasters a smile to her face not surprised at nick's interrogating. "yeah i'm aware, but i know this guy that has the best special effects machine, like smoke and the led designs, so it would look cool for pictures and stuff. i thought i could help you guys with that!" she says looking around the room at everyone.

melina rolls her eyes "josie we don't need your help, everything's already done." she speaks up crossing her arms. "oh, but matt said he didn't have a costume yet so i thought you two could match! you guys would look so cute as a devil and angel couple!" josie says making matt and melina furrow their brows in confusion.

"why would we do that we're not even—" matt replies before getting interrupted. "wait, you guys kissed didn't you? or did i hear that wrong?" josie questions in a fake genuine tone.

everyone's eyes widen in surprise at the reveal. "WHAT?!" they yell in unison like some fucking choir. melina feels like she's about to collapse as her mind suddenly goes blank. everyone else is shooting questions at her and matt all at once.

"when? was it recent? oh! i bet it was in the last two weeks! see! nick i told you there was something weird going on!" chris pesters accusingly, facing nick while melina and matt stand there in silence not daring to look at each other.

josie stands to the side feeling satisfied at the chaos she just caused. "oh god, i didn't know it was supposed to be a secret. i'm sorry i was just repeating what melina said earlier." she says bringing her hand to her mouth faking surprise.