𝟎𝟑𝟑. "𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬"

"𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢'𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲,
𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰"

"𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢'𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰"

softcore - the neighborhood

———

CHAPTER 33
"JUST RUMORS"

(extra long chapter but it's worth it!)

[real life]

a few girls pass by them making the place feel even more crowded. noah looks towards the front door scratching his jaw. "let's go outside, yeah?" he says taking nicks' hand then leading them out to the front lawn.

it's dark out and the streets are filled with parked cars. they found the empty spot on porch swing that was on the lawn next to a big tree. they sit down swinging back and forth for a second, without saying anything. there was hardly anyone around them so they had some privacy.

noah looks over at nick who had a pensive look on his face. "so what did you wanna talk about?" he asks leaning back on in his spot.

the wind blows around them as some leaves fall from the tree. nick glances at noah adjusting himself to get his full attention. "so, um we're friends right?" he says making noah nod with a confident smile, "we sure are." he says as nick looks down laughing lightly at his response.

clearing his throat nick continues, "well, i've noticed that we've been really close recently. you know? like going out just the two of us, holding hands, calling each other all the time." he states as noah agrees silently nodding.

"i know we met a couple of months ago but we got comfortable with each other pretty quickly and trust me, i like that a lot." he laughs pointedly, "it just feels like we're sort of acting like more than friends?" nick says rambling before ending it by adding "and i'm not sure what that implies about us."

noah purses his lips nodding slowly then sitting up. "first off, i know what you mean, i've noticed it too." he agrees giving nick a small smile before moving himself closer to him. they're now touching shoulders. the gesture makes nick go slightly red. noah notices this as he looks forward and smiles to himself.

nick is practically holding his breathe as he waits for noah to continue talking.

noah looks over at him, scanning over at his features before taking his hand. this time he laces their fingers together and looking him in the eyes. the smile grows on nick's face. "i like hearing you insult people in the funniest way possible, being able to talk about anything you, spending time with you, calling you, watching movies to make fun of them with you, hugging you, holding hands with you... i like you nick." noah confesses quietly with admiration filling his eyes.