𝟎𝟑𝟕. "𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫"

"𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝. 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝."

♫ about you - the 1975

about you - the 1975

———

CHAPTER 37
"THANKFUL FOR"

(extra, extra long chapter again!)

[real life]

it's been two weeks.

two weeks since the halloween party and matt only spoke to melina when it was necessary. when they're around their friends, he barely speaks to her, and when they're in class the only words exchanged were about the group project.

he practically treated her as if she didn't exist.

as the days went by melina was starting to feel sort of empty without him. she always tried to find a way to apologize for what happened but there was never a right time to do it, so she hoped that he would let go of it eventually.

later in the day, melina's parents are having their annual thanksgiving family dinner that the sturniolo's usually attend. except this year it was scheduled earlier then usual because melina's parents were going on a trip on the same week of the holiday, meaning melina would be alone for thanksgiving.

melina was sat on her bed watching "how to lose a guy in ten days." she was halfway done with it when he mom knocks on her bedroom door. "come in!" she yells pausing the movie.

her mom walks in the room with a small plate of a banana muffin. "thank you." melina says as she takes the plate from her and taking a bite. the middle aged woman sits on the edge of the bed saying, "mels i'm sorry that you have to spend thanksgiving by yourself this year, we really tried to get the week off but it wasn't possible." her mom frowns pitifully at her daughter.

melina looks away for a second before glancing up at her with a small smile. "mom, don't worry i understand, your job is your first priority." she says kind of resentful since this wouldn't be the first time that melina wouldn't be alone on a holiday.

"no melina, you and avi are my first priority but you know we need to work to give you both what you need and deserve." her mom says in a calming tone, not trying to invalidate melina's feelings.

melina says nothing, instead looks down in silence. "as you know, i'm gonna ask marylou if you can stay with her for the week. it would be good for you and avi to be around them during the holiday because, you know, they're like our family too." her mom says taking a hold of melina's hand, with a smile.