Surprise

Feeling a mix of fear and disgust, Wang quickly responded, "You may be a hybrid, but you're nothing more than an abomination." With those words, Wang picked up his farming tools, and ran as fast as he could, desperate to escape his unsettling presence.

Are you okay? Grandma asks, her voice filled with concern as she looks at Wang's face. He tried to shake off the news he heard at the farm, feeling a heaviness settle in his chest.

"I'm fine, Grandma," Wang says, dropping his farm tools. "Just tired from a long day of work."

"Someone wants to meet you," Wang's grandma said, smiling gently.

"No one is ever interested in meeting me," Wang said, his voice tinged with sadness. "Who could want to meet someone like me?"

"Remember the boy I told you about, the one who always milks the cows and does the chores but only asks for a cup of fresh milk? He's the one who wants to meet you," Wang's grandma said, her eyes gleaming with excitement. "He'd heard so much about your commitment to work and kindness, and he wanted to learn from you."

Okay, Wang said, but his heart pounded when he saw the hybrid. The expression on Zhan's face was a mixture of curiosity and amusement, but his eyes hinted at something else.

"What are you doing here?" Wang demanded, his voice gruff.

"I... I'm sorry," Zhan said, his voice soft. "I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to say hello."

Wang, do you know him? His grandmother asked.

"No, Grandma, I've never seen him before," Wang replied, still wary of the hybrid standing before him. "But if he heard about me and wants to learn from me, maybe I should give him a chance."

"See what I told you about my grandson?" She smiled happily. Little did she know, Zhan was not just any ordinary hybrid - he possessed abilities far beyond Wang's imagination, and his true intentions were shrouded in mystery.

"Yes, Grandma," Zhan replied, smiling from ear to ear. "He is the best," he added and winked at Wang, who felt irritated.

Wang stared at Zhan, trying to process his words and make sense of what was happening.

"I've heard your hello," Wang finally said through gritted teeth, "and now you can leave." Zhan's smile faded; his eyes filled with anger.

Wang, that's certainly not how to speak with a friend. No wonder you don't have anyone left. They all left you because of your terrible character. His grandma hissed, her voice filled with disdain and disappointment.

"Grandma, I understand, but before Wang could complete his sentence, Zhan cut him off. Is this how you treat me after all I do for you at the farm? I walk here from town every day." He pouted, his voice tinged with hurt and sadness.

Did you help him on the farm? She smiled warmly, her eyes softening as she looked at Zhan.

"Yes, Grandma," he replied, his voice filled with pride. I help him at the farm every day, and I don't know he is your grandson. It's arduous work, but I do it because I love him and believe in family." Grandma's eyes widen in awe as she stares at Zhan.

"Liar!". Bloody Liar. Wang screamed in his head, furious at Zhan's audacity. How could he act so innocently in front of his grandmother? Why would he call her grandma when he had hidden his true identity for over a century? Wang's anger and distrust of the hybrid only increased.

"But I never asked for his help, Grandma," Wang said, frustration evident in his voice.

"Love him?" she asked, her confusion evident in her voice.

"Yes, Grandma," he responded with a gentle smile. "I love him like a brother, like family. We may not be related by blood, but our bond is strong. I'm grateful for the opportunity to help him and be a part of his life."

His unsettling smile and proximity only confirmed Wang's growing suspicion that this "man-child" was indeed a psychopath.

You see yourself; he loves you like a brother. She grins. Thank you, my child," his grandma added, which further irritated Wang. He couldn't understand how his grandmother could be so easily fooled by Zhan's manipulative words and actions. The more Zhan pretended to be loving and helpful, the more Wang's distrust and anger grew.

Wang muttered under his breath, "Love me like a brother, my foot." The anger and frustration welling up inside him made it nearly impossible to contain the urge to lash out.

Come in, my son, I made hotpot.

"No, Grandma," Wang yelled quickly, blocking Zhan's way. "You can't go in." His voice trembled with fear and desperation as he tried to protect Grandma from the danger she was inviting into their home.

Wang, I assure you that your friend does not mind how our house looks. "He has been inside several times before, and he understands our house may not be in the pristine condition. Please let him come in and join us for the hotpot." his grandmother frowns and pulls him into the living room with her. She then walked towards the kitchen to dish their meal.

As she walked by, Wang noticed Zhan staring at him. Do you remember the day you fell asleep in your grandmother's armchair outside? Who carried you inside? Zhan smiles as he inches his face closer to Wang, his breath hot against his nose.

Wang realized at that moment that it wasn't him who walked inside that night. It was the hybrid who carried him. Zhan's eyes glowed with an otherworldly intensity. Fear and anger were etched Wang's face, and he moved further away, his heart pounding in his chest.

Zhan moved closer to Wang, his grin widening. All Wang could think of was punching him to death. Anger and frustration surged within him, fueling violent thoughts.

"I hate you," Wang hissed, his voice dripping with venom. That made Zhan frown and stand up, towering over Wang with a menacing presence. The room filled with tension as their gazes locked, both aware that the anger and frustration between them had reached a boiling point.

"Is everything all right?" Wang's grandmother asked as she entered with a tray of food. Her voice was filled with concern.

"Yes, Grandma," Zhan said, his voice without a smile. "I need to run an errand for my uncle," he added, turning to face her. "I will see you tomorrow."

"You should at least eat before leaving," she said, looking at Wang with a gentle but firm expression.

"I appreciate the offer, Grandma," Zhan said, forcing a smile. "But I need to go. I promise I'll eat with you next time." With that, Zhan quickly made his exit, leaving behind a tense and unsettled atmosphere in the room.

What did you say to him? She asked.

"I told him I hated him," Wang replied, his voice filled with regret.

Why would you do that? She hissed. That boy has been helpful to us. You even lie you don't know him when he helps you at the farm.

"I know, Grandma," Wang said, his voice filled with remorse. "I let my anger and frustration get the best of me. It was wrong of me to say those things to him, especially considering all the help he provided at the farm. I deeply regret my actions."

Apologies to him whenever he comes around. She hissed and walked to her room.

As Wang murmurs, "Okay, Grandma," he knows deep down that his apology to Zhan won't be sincere. He will only apologize because his grandmother told him to, but the hatred he feels towards Zhan remains strong.