The end? [chap.9]

꒰⚘݄꒱₊⋆ ☀︎ _______A/N: fun fact the events that occur in this chapter were supposed to happen in the last!!! YALL GOT ROBBED.  buttt the song that was in the last chapter is a little teaser...

recap: "I'm leaving, you need to stay here"

"i beg your finest fucking pardon?" 

writers note:: publish (march 15-17).

 ꒰ ⋆ .⺌ ⟡ ⊂☀️⊃ ⟡ ⺌. ⋆ ꒱  

[readers pov] + [2nd person]

"what? I said what I said, you need to rest! you just got your legs back." 

It wasn't rocket science, he has human organs and with that knowledge, you'd think he'd have to have the same recovery as any regular person. 

"you can't be serious. it's not safe out there angel, if you're going outside then I am too!" 

"And what makes you think it'd be any safer if you go with me? Think logically dogday, you just got your legs back, you need to recover and nobody can fight until healed"

You knew where his viewpoint was, but you had JUST gained a new ally. Someone who was willing to help you through whatever fuck-hole this toy factory had become. You weren't ready to lose this one just yet, not the only one you are certain you can trust.

"I don't know if you realized angel but I truly do not care, I'm coming with one way or another."  

that is when you realized, this fucking mutt was as stubborn as you. 
Whose bright-ass idea was it to give this bitch a thought process? Whatever, you supposed a bit of company wouldn't harm you.

"OK, fine. Just don't get hurt 'cause I can't always save you." 

You wanted to make sure he knew this, he'll need to fight for himself if anything were to happen to you or if you both had to split up. 

you just don't want to worry about his well-being.

"that's fine with me angel," he said, you simply nodded your head in acknowledgment before opening your office door and walking back to Playcare's main area.

you were walking around waiting for Ollie to call you and tell you and dogday your next moves, it had been a minute since he called...and the phone was a one-way call. you weren't exactly able to call him. 

but it seemed you didn't have to wait long for some kind of noise to come up it just wasn't Ollie calling you. It almost sounded like- a dog...whining.? 

you turned around to see dogday staring up at the tall monument made for the smiling critters, it was still the same from the last time you had seen it. All the critters were in the makeshift circle- all minus one.

Catnap

The catnap statue was still torn and broken from its original placement, you started to wonder if catnap did that himself. But you were pulled from your thoughts as dogday began to speak- more to himself but you were listening. 

"oh, Angel... I don't see why Catnap would do these things... everything was fine...we were all happy, well...expect him I suppose."

it made sense for the dog to grieve, his friends were all senselessly slaughtered.

not only his friends but yours also...you can't help but wonder how.

"do you know how they uh- died...? I mean- you said you weren't there to see the deaths occur but did Catnap tell you how they died...?" 

this caused some sort of reaction from dogday, it almost seemed as if his eyes softened when you spoke up. 

"well- he said most of them died screaming...hoppy, bubba, kickin', crafty...and I could hear them..screaming."