Forever Part 2

Have you ever felt you don't belong in this world? Or you're just there waiting for someone. Someone meant for you, only you. Someone who will take away all your problems and give you all the happiness. Someone who will make your life a red carpet.

Okay I went overboard, but he can't be described with words.

Did I say he? Hehe, I should not keep you in suspense now and tell my story.

I'm Shubman Gill and my 'someone' is Ishan Kishan, the love of my life or I say lives.

[Now author will narate the story.]

90 years ago, 2023

Two rising stars in the cricketing world, Shubman Gill and Ishan Kishan, could not fulfil their love story due to the toxic and homophobic society.

As they proceeded to the afterlife, hands intertwined, never wanting to let each other go, an angel appeared before them, telling them about their fate. She told them that they won't be together for the next 90 years.

But 90 years later the history will repeat itself, and will have the chance to rewrite their story and fill it with love. But if they fail to do so, the two lovebirds will be trapped in afterlife without each other forever.

Shubman and Ishan will take birth in the same family they were part of 90 years ago. After a separation of 90 years, this will be their last chance to have their love.

8 September, 2094

11 year old Shubman was chirping around his house. It was his birthday today and he was making his girlfriend meet the family.

[2094 aa gya hai na! Itna progression to hoga hi🤭]

"Dadi! Dadi! Shahneel Dadi meet her once. I'm sure you'll like her."

"No Shubi! She might be a nice girl but she's not made for you." a 97 year old Shahneel replied.

"You always say this dadi. Today I need the reason." Shubman sounded adamant.

"It is not the right time Shubi. Just know that soon enough, you'll find your perfect someone and that day you'll forget about every other person in your life."

"And how are you so sure about that? Is there something you all are hiding from me?"

"No my boy. There is nothing such as hiding something. You'll know everything gradually." and Shubman knew it won't be good to argue about it further.

18 July, 2095

Ishan was 12 years old today. After being wished by his parents at midnight, he slept happily. Only if he knew what was awaiting him.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" A scream was heard from Ishan's room and his parents rushed to him.

"Mom a-boy got into an accident and he...he died. But someone else died as well. Papa there was bl-blood everywhere. And......and it's hurting." he spoke as his parents exchanged grave looks.

"I think it's time you should know about it." Saying so, his father handed him an old looking diary.

Showing the photos pasted inside the diary, Ishan's father asked him if he has seen the same people in his dream.

"Yes Papa! They were the ones. Who are they?" Ishan asked, still scared.

"The boy you see here is my Ishu chachu. You were named after him." the man pointed towards the picture Ishan, "he had a car accident when he was chasing his friend whom he loved. He wanted to confess to him but fate had decided something else." And he pointed towards the picture Shubman.