They Will Know That Vengeance Exists

Mistral Wilderness, Nagari Village, 23:54, 12 October 73 A.G.W.

Overpowering her enemies with her slashes that shatter the guard's shield, Raven finishes her deed by quickly stabbing the guard through chest. She waits until the light of life faded from his eyes before draws out her katana and puts it back to its sheath. He is the last guard who is strong even without Semblance, but when his Aura was depleted from Raven continuous attacks and intervention from her tribe members, his fate is already sealed.

Boy: "Father!!"

Ignoring the other villagers futile attempt to hold him, a young boy runs from their village's central building where several bandits guard the entrance so no villagers are escaping from their shelter-turned-cage. But seeing the running boy who isn't even holding something to be used as a weapon, the other bandits just laughing and ignoring him who runs toward the lifeless body on the ground.

Boy: "Father! Please, wake up! Don't leave me alone again!"

The young boy keeps shaking his fathers body, but even though his blood is still warm, it keeps losing the heat till its cold like the earth beneath it.

Raven, the one who is responsible for this, just staring at the boy with cold gaze. She knows about the boy. His mother was a huntress who fought with an alpha King Taijutsu that terrorized this village, and she killed her when she was too tired to fight back, while his husband is just a guard who had his Aura activated by his wife to better protect their family and village.

She feels a pang of guilt for causing a little kid to be orphan, but the choice is her tribe or this weak village, and so all of the guilt quickly drowned in teaching that had drilled into her mind since young to have only the tribe as her best interest, above anything else. And the fact that she needs to quickly proved her effectiveness for the tribe, means she must lead every raid and also formulated the plan. The idea of using Grimm as the cover, dealing with their defenders where the fear from the inhabitants would attract the Grimm, and they later would ransack the empty village, is the best idea she has that gaining quick popularity among the tribe members. Albeit, the real reason perhaps so that she not has to feel that guilt again from killing everyone, especially children, with her own hand, and let the Grimm to deal with that. Ignoring the fact that she just throwing them to a more painful death, but at least it will be not by her hand.

But looking at the boy, she has intuition this boy might be will grow strong like his mother whom she had difficulty to defeat, even after her gruesome battle with an Alpha. Just like that little girl whom she picked up wandering around in Mistral outskirt who shows talent for fighting and loyalty to the tribe. But for the latter, she needs to drill to this little boy's head. [1]

Raven knows what she must to do, and lifting the little boy from the ground, snapping him from his mourning to hatred when he sees the woman responsible for his misery.

Boy: "You! You monster!"

Raven doesn't flinch at that accusation. Too many have called her that that she just lost the sense from being called that.

Raven: "I am just doing what we need to survive. Blame your father and everyone else for being weak."

The boy stunned by Raven's reason for the death of his family and friends. For survival?

Boy: "FOR SURVIVAL!? All of my family and friends are death SO YOU CAN SURVIVE?! YOU AND YOUR BANDIT TRIBES ARE JUST A GROUP OF ANIMALS!!"

Raven flinches at being called animal despite not being a faunus. But thats not what make her angry, but the small agreement she has in mind before being shoved forcefully with her 'sense of duty for the family', that the Branwen truly is, just like a bunch of animals trying to survive with no other way than to prey on others.