𝟶𝟼| 𝚁𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎

“Walker! Stop bothering me before I decide to throw a brick on your face

“Walker! Stop bothering me before I decide to throw a brick on your face.” I whisper-yelled at him, clearly irritated because he keeps annoying me, like a mosquito buzzing in your ear.

“Evans, I can't help it. This class is boring and you’re fun to mess with-” He was about to say more before I stomped my shoes on his feet, he reacted immediately, and groaned silently, his mouth forming an ‘O’. I smirked in satisfaction looking at his pained expression.

My converse did a great job.

I had a feeling he was about to curse the hell out of me but kept quiet, because our classmates were staring at us funny.

We are in History class, the first class I have with him and it's only the second period. Like Ian reminded me yesterday, we are seated beside each other, some classmates passing us surprised looks knowing how much we dislike each other, more like how much I hate him.

Mr. Avery, our history teacher, is explaining something about the ‘Forgotten story of China in the Great War.’

Honestly, Mr.Avery’s class is really boring, it can actually make people with insomnia sleep as well.

“Evans,” He called my name again, and I ignored him.

“Iceberg.” He nudged my shoulder now but I still didn't respond.

“Miss second.” That caught my attention, and I finally looked at him, finding that he's grinning at me in victory.

“I'm gonna kill you if you don't stop.” I hissed angrily, while he chuckled in delight instead.

All he has to do is exist and I'll get annoyed by his existence. I swear I'm not such a hot-headed person, I don't know how he manages to get on my nerves every single time.

“Mr. Walker and Ms. Evans! Please cooperate while I'm teaching.” Mr. Avery looked up at us, staring for a few moments while I gulped, feeling embarrassed while Ian just nodded nonchalantly.

After a few minutes, Mr.Avery instructed us to complete some questions in the textbook.

I bounce my knees, trying to figure out the answer to a confusing question I've been staring at for awhile. I twirled my pencil in my hand, as I felt Ian lean close to me.

“C.” I looked up and noticed that Ian’s and my face were inches apart. I looked at my book to avoid his gaze.

“Huh? See what?” I asked, confused.

“The answer's C, Evans.” He leaned back and ran his hand through his hair, I didn't mean to but I glanced at him, taking in his button up, white-sleeved shirt paired with a slightly loose tie, and finishing off with black cotton trousers. He's not wearing the school blazer currently, and his uniform fits him well, kind of like a second skin.

“Of course, I knew that. Who said I needed your help?” I twitched my eye, clearly caught off-guard because of the sudden proximity and my sudden intrusive thought of checking him out.