Chapter 1

Hey guysss, this is my first book so pls discard any mistakes😭

Also give me feedback or/and suggestions

Ok I hope you guys enjoy the story😊 byeeeeeee

Dejah Wilson , 17

"Ughh..im so ready to go home" dejah sighed as she waited to get off work.

"DEJAH!" Someone shouted her name, she turned around seeing it was her coworker, Chloe.

"Wassup?" She asked walking to where Chloe was.

"Can we switch shifts right quick, I need to take this call" Chloe said already walking to the back.

"How she gonna ask me to switch if she already switching" Dejah mumbled. Dejah goes up front to take the next person in line.
"Will this be all?" Dejah asked scanning 2 pairs of shoes.

"Nah, can I get this in a size 7 in women's?" a deep voice responded, making her look at the person. There stood a cute, tall, Hispanic man. She stared at him for a bit before going to the back to get the shoes.

"Hey Chloe, do we have- WHAT THE FUCK! Are y'all serious right now?" Dejah said walking into the back seeing Chloe and her ex, Elijah kissing

"D-Dejah it's not what it looks like" Chloe stuttered out disconnecting her lips from Elijah's.

"I don't have the time for this today" Dejah said rolling her eyes before grabbing a shoe box and walking back up front.

"Here you go, is this it?" Dejah said scanning the shoes.

"Yea" the man said staring at Dejah. "You ok?" He asked

Dejah looked up to see him staring at her. "Yea" Dejah lied. "Why you ask? And your total is $420.38"

"You look upset, plus I heard some yelling back there.." the man said still staring at her while paying for the shoes.

"Well you'd be upset too if you just saw your coworker and your ex making out" Dejah said processing what just happened.

"Yea I would, but then again my ex is dead" he chuckled, Dejah raised her eyebrows. "Oh I didn't kill her, she got in an accident after leaving the dude house she was cheating on me with" Dejah just looked at him in shock.

"That's some wild shit" Dejah said making the guy laugh

"Yea...but it was nice meeting you Ms....Dejah" he said looking at her name tag

"You too...-Toni" he finished for her and Dejah nodded her head

Toni grabbed his bags and walked out of footlocker