⟣𝗖hapter 39

⟣•39•⟢ (Part 1)
: GETTING INGREDIENTS

𝙍𝙀𝘼𝘿𝙀𝙍, Please cooperate with the uploader and 𝙍𝙀𝙁𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙉 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙈 𝙑𝙊𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙂!!
🚫𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗩𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚🚫

• • •
As soon as Xiào Mu said his idea, Zhao Sheng immediately understood what he meant. Just as he is about to contact his subordinates to make arrangements, he received a call from Gu Miao. It was not known what the other side said, but Zhao Sheng’s expression looked extremely ugly. He stood up and softly comforted Gu Miao. After hanging up the phone, he rubbed his eyebrows and explained, “I’m going back first. Someone wanted to sneak into Zhao’s residence. He was caught in time but Miao Miao got frightened by the break-in.”

Xiào Mu is surprised to hear that, and asked quickly, “Is he okay?”

“He’s fine, just scared.” Zhao Sheng walked out and hesitated for a while, “Are you sure you want to expose your identity as the medicine maker? You will be in danger.”

The medicine maker will not only receive people’s admiration but jealously as well. The effectiveness of the medicine is too crazy, and the quantity available is far from enough. People with bad intentions will inevitably target the medicine maker. Xiào Mu also thought of this scenario but still, he nodded. Right now, the R&D manager is Gu Miao. If he does not expose himself, Gu Miao is the one who is in danger.

Zhao Sheng apologized, “Feel free to do what you want at the moment. The spiritual power tester has been improved and the process is going smoothly. The value data can be adjusted in a few days.”

Xiào Mu: “It’s fine. Just notify me when the time comes.”

After Zhao Sheng left, Leo said to Xiào Mu, “Your identity has been exposed so it is not safe to continue staying in school. How about staying at my house?”

Xiào Mu hesitated. Then, Leo received a call and he informed Xiào Mu after hanging up, “The military has received the news and is arranging a team of guards for you.”

“Team of guards?” Xiào Mu is speechless. “Isn’t that a bit exaggerating? Or do other guides have the same treatment?”

Leo shook his head, “You are a god-level guide, and your medicine-making ability is even higher than that of a senior pharmacist. Your situation is special.” He paused, “The marshal wants to see you.”

And so, Xiào Mu got on Leo’s black aircraft to visit the marshal. When they landed, Xiào Mu realized that they are not in the apartment community but a mansion that looked like a castle.

“That apartment is where my grandfather used to live. He had very little time to come back because of military tasks. So, Grandfather would only go to the apartment to rest for a while every time he is in spiritual confusion state.” Leo explained after jumping off the aircraft.

Xiào Mu kept the information in mind and the two approached the living room. Ren is sitting on the chair facing the door, pretending to be angry, “You are good, you managed to fool everyone.”

Xiào Mu said his greeting with a smile, and touched his nose awkwardly, “I’m sorry, I just don’t want to go to the Golden Tower.”

“Sit down. Wait for the guards recommended by the various army groups to come over, then you pick 4 from them yourself,” Ren said.

This gives Xiào Mu a headache. He doesn’t want people to follow him everywhere, “Can I not? I’m not used to someone following me around.”

Ren looked serious as he said, “You are a legendary god-level guide and you can make medicine that allows one’s spiritual power to breakthrough. You are too precious, and we must ensure your safety.”