𝟷𝟶| 𝚃𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

I threw my exhausted, lifeless body on the bed, inhaled as much air as my lungs could occupy before deflating like a tyre

I'm completely burned out.

The student council meeting was held today, instead of tomorrow. I got a text message in the group chat yesterday after I returned home.

I really can't seem to catch a break.

We finished discussing the fundraising which will be held soon. It's for charity at an animal shelter. I made sure to double-check and leave no room for errors. and also, we will have to start the preparations for the upcoming homecoming soon.

As the president, I'm in charge of organising and managing most of the events, making sure nothing goes wrong because we never know. And maintaining perfect grades as well.

Geez, life is hard, but I won't let it fuck me up.

I walked in the bathroom and let the warm water hit me, slowly releasing the tension in my stiff and sore muscles. I spent extra time lathering and applying shampoo to my hair, massaging it.

I love this. It's the only place of comfort where I'm away from all the stress, parents, teachers and their higher-than-the-sky expectations, and most important of all; Ian. I can gather my thoughts here in peace.

It's already evening by the time I finish washing up, noting down my schedule in my planner and deciding to go through my notes.

"Jenna!" Mom called from downstairs, I yelled back and got no response. Well, she must be calling me for dinner.

I made my way downstairs, walking towards the kitchen where my mom is currently stirring something on the stove.

I took it as my cue to set the table, and started arranging plates and cutlery," Will Dad come for dinner?" I asked even if I already knew the answer.

"No, your father will be working late today." My mom replied flatly.

I facepalmed myself internally, knowing both of my parents work late so we rarely have dinner together. Me and Noah used to have dinner most of the time alone, until he left for University, and then it was just me.

We sat opposite to each other in silence, the only sound being heard was the scraping of the fork against the plates.

This is my usual routine with my Mom, which is pure torture at times.

"So, how is school treating you? Are you staying on top of your classes?" Mom inquired after a few minutes of silence.

That bloody darn question again.

The piece of meat was in front of my lips but I stopped when mom asked,"It's alright. And yes, I am studying everyday."

"Good. I expect no less than A's from my daughter."