𝟷𝟺| 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕?

"Evans,"

"Evans,"

He called out, trying to get my attention while I was sitting on the couch, refusing to acknowledge him ever since I swallowed the horrible drink. The disgusting taste was still lingering in my throat. I'm not kidding, he seriously tried to poison me. I shouldn't have trusted him at all.

"...."

Silence settled between us for awhile, I could feel him burning a hole at the side of my face by how hard he's been staring at me, but I refused to budge.

I realised I wasn't sneezing as much as earlier, I can even feel my throat clearing up, or was it just the poison acting up?

"Evans, How long are you gonna keep this up?" His tone was filled with desperation,"Talk to me."

You seriously tried to poison me, and now you're expecting me to talk?

"Is it because of the drink?"

"Yes." My voice was scratchy, as I sniffled my nose.

"C'mon, I drank it as well, I'm still safe and sound." He said softly, as I turned around to face him.

"Safe and sound? I was on the verge of death." I snapped, ready to throw hands at him.

"Yet here you are."

"What the hell was in that cup anyways?" I asked, rubbing my forehead reluctantly.

"Some things are better left unsaid." I rolled my eyes at his words.

"Whatever."

"It worked, didn't it? At least you're feeling better, right? He questioned, a huge grin spreading across his face.

I nodded, the corner of my lips tugging slightly,"I guess so. Whatever it was, it worked its magic."

***

The air was filled with heavy silence now, only occasionally interrupted by me sneezing or sniffling. It feels weird but the atmosphere isn't filled with awkward silence, but a comfortable silence, similar to one I felt a few days ago while returning home with Ian.

I glanced around and saw Ian lounging on my couch, it's the first time he's in my home but it seems like he's familiar with it already, his gaze is fixed on the ceiling, lost in thoughts I can only assume, probably thinking of new ways to poison me.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm feeling okay in his presence, but his existence still irked me.

He caught me staring and I quickly pretended to cough, clearing my throat to make it more believable.

"So, Evans. You know about the upcoming basketball match?" He asked, making small talk. I sighed internally that he believed my act.

"Of course." I replied, remembering that it was brought up in the student council meeting.