𝟸𝟷| "𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎, 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚛."

"Zombie Apocalypse?"

"No."

"Jazz Gala?"

"Pass."

"Mardi Gras?"

I facepalmed myself,"What is this, a carnival? Absolutely not."

"Warner Bros?"

"Okay, stop. That's enough. Homecoming is just two days away and we haven't even decided on a theme yet. Can we please get back on track?" I sighed heavily, feeling the vein in my temple pulsing.

I looked at Theo, who had a look of concentration on his face,"Theo, my friend. Please tell me that you have a wonderful idea, we are in a time crunch right now."

Theo exchanged glances with Emily, and nodded once at her.

"How about we go for something like a Hollywood red carpet?" Emily suggested, fidgeting with her fingers.

I blinked once, taking a moment to consider it.

"Cool. Thank goodness, we have people here who actually use their brains." I shot a look at Mark and Sophie, our juniors.

Mark is the treasurer; he manages all financial aspects of the student council in terms of events and activities.

Sophie is the Media Coordinator; who's responsible for the council's communications and information.

Last week, they both got into detention for reasons they didn't tell me yet. Probably set the science lab on fire, we can never know.

"Okay! Since that's decided. I think we should discuss the venue, and send our ideas to the office." Theo added, fixing his glasses.

As scheduled, today was our student council meeting. Katie, our ignorant vice president was supposed to get the necessary paperwork for the homecoming. But guess what? She never did, probably because the humiliation that came with the rejection must've embarrased her so badly, she couldn't bear to show her face.

Let's be real, even if it was any other day, I don't particularly expect anything from her.

"We shouldn't exceed our budget, guys. Last time, we all knew what happened." Mark trailed off, staring at Sophie.

"Yeah, I wonder whose fault it was." Sophie mumbled, loud enough for us to hear.

Both of them exchanged eye rolls and before Mark could say more, I interrupted them.

"Focus." I deadpanned, both of them immediately becoming silent and standing upright.

"We have only two days for the homecoming. None of you will leave this room until we have completed every task, Am I clear?" I twirled the keyring around my finger to emphasise my point.

All of them nodded obediently and sat down to do each of their assigned works.

***