𝟸𝟻| 𝙸𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢?

My eyes shot open, at the very familiar voice and the very familiar presence behind me

There's no way, I thought he wasn't attending.

I turned around, and saw Ian Walker, wearing a perfectly-fitted suit, highlighting his lean physique, a look of fascination evident on his face, considering his widened eyes and lips slightly parted.

His usual, tousled brown hair was transformed into a slick, pulled back hairstyle, revealing his forehead, and his thick, well-groomed eyebrows, along with his freckles, which seemed more accentuated than usual. He carried an aura of elegance and sensuality with him.

Ian looked a bit different today, something about him is different today.

Seriously, can he get any more handsome than he is?

He was checking me out, his eyes roaming up and down, making me feel a little self-conscious as he looked at the faint contours of my face now, and stopped at my eyes.

I swear I noticed his neck turning a new shade of red.

He licked his lower lip before saying,"You lo-look beautiful." His voice dropped lower than usual, and he stumbled on his words which was so unlike him. Normally, he would be filled with overconfidence.

"Thanks..." I answered softly, the corner of my mouth lifting into a smirk noticing his flustered state, the faint hum of music heard behind us.

A rush of warmth filled me, making my cheeks feel hot. I seriously need to learn to take compliments.

This is weird, this is really weird, Ian giving me a compliment out of all people is ten times even weirder. It was a simple statement but the impact was huge. Out of everyone who complimented me today, his compliment... carried a certain weight that set it apart from others, and tugged at my heartstrings.

The atmosphere around us seemed to shift, a subtle tension building between us as we continued to stare at each other, accepting a silent eye contest.

I continued to stare into his eyes which were the colour of rich, melted chocolate, getting lost in them for a few seconds which felt like a hundred light years to me.

Ian blinked and broke the spell, his gaze dropping to my lips for a second before he cleared his throat. A new tint of crimson covering his fair cheeks.

My eyes narrowed a little as I scrutinised him. Pupils dilated, face flushed, stuttering nervously... is he okay?

He rubbed a hand across his neck, unable to maintain eye contact with me,"Has anybody said... that your dress is the same colour as your eyes?" I couldn't help but let my expression soften at his observation.

"Well, you said it now." I replied, observing how he was standing closer to me, close enough to get a whiff of his sandalwood cologne as his hands rested on the railing and his gaze was focused on the vast expanse of the night sky now.