𝟹𝟺| 𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚙

The day of the trip dawned dreary with gloomy clouds, making me feel lethargic

I yawned sleepily, tears forming at the corners of my eyes, as the result of not getting enough sleep last night.

I glanced at my wristwatch, and the time was 6:00 AM, sharp. A group of us seniors gathered outside the buses, a duffel in hand while the teachers were busily preparing everything we needed.

"Good morning, Jen!" Addy enthusiastically greeted me, the strap of her guitar case slung over her shoulder as she handed me the root beer she promised to buy.

"Morning," I replied lazily, taking the cup from her, wondering how she can have this much energy in the morning.

She was shining- like literally, too bright for my eyes in the morning.

As I leisurely took a sip of my drink, I noticed Addy's outfit, which seemed to be.... not suitable for the woods.

Her outfit gave off "grunge" vibes as she was dressed in a crop top paired with a pink bomber jacket and a black skirt, finishing off with ripped tights and platform shoes, Her blonde hair in a high ponytail.

I don't think that will do much to protect her from the freezing cold.

"Are.. you going to be okay in that outfit?" I asked gingerly, taking a sip of my root beer.

Addy raised an eyebrow,"Is that even a question? I'll be fine."

"Oh-okay." I said, drinking my root beer again.

"Y'know, You've gotta stay classy, sassy and a bit bad assy." Addy winked at me, to which I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, sure." I replied, looking at my laid-back outfit.

"Jen, I'm so excited! Do you think we can sit anywhere on the bus or do we have assigned seats?" Addy questioned, correcting her strap.

"Nah, we can probably sit anywhere," A yawn escaped my lips again, and I leaned my head on Addy's shoulder. (The shoes added to her height which made her as tall as me.)

Morning trips are seriously not my thing.

"Let me take a quick nap for a minute," I mumbled as I closed my eyes, finishing off my root beer.

Addy let out a soft chuckle,"You're such a sleepyhead."

"Don't blame me, sleeping is the best part of my life."

As I was about to fall asleep standing, a loud voice announced,"Alright, I'll be doing roll calls now, so quiet down and be prepared."

***

Once the roll calls were done, a frown creased my forehead when I didn't hear a certain someone's voice.

Was he not coming for the trip? I swear he mentioned something about him coming.