𝟹𝟽| 𝙸 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞

As the teachers were out of commission and we had no adult supervision, we were playing campfire games like “Twenty questions", (in which I guessed my word after the sixth question while Ian guessed his after the fifth question), and “The Winking ...

As the teachers were out of commission and we had no adult supervision, we were playing campfire games like “Twenty questions", (in which I guessed my word after the sixth question while Ian guessed his after the fifth question), and “The Winking Assassin”, the crisp dark evening around the glow of campfire, being the perfect setting for this game of death and deception.

Halfway through the game, Katie interrupted us and demanded everybody's attention,”Guys, guys. This is our last year of High school, let's spice things up.” She sugar-coated, batting her eyelashes and acting all seductive, making me cringe in disgust.

Doesn't she feel cold wearing just a thin layer of sweater and a mini-skirt? I think the temperature has dropped below zero degrees already.

The warmth of the campfire is the only thing keeping me from freezing to death.

“Tsk, who does she think she is, Marilyn Monroe or something?” Addy murmured in my ear before pretending to tighten her ponytail, causing me to snort.

Katie glanced at me, fury burning in those eyes, pretending as if she didn't heard me and smiled sweetly,”How about we play the good ol’ ‘Truth or Dare?’” She suggested, flipping her hair and crossing her legs.

There was a brief moment of silence, the only sound being heard was the crackling of the fire, the night breeze blowing, before it was broken by a simple “Sure” from one of the soccer kids.

“It'll be fun.” Chad chimes in, and soon, one by one, all of them were nodding as Tara held up an almost-empty glass bottle, sipping from it. It looks like a pretty expensive alcohol, if you ask me.

Estoy condenada.

I really don't have a good feeling about this, and if I try to make my exit, the blondie beside me will hold my hand in an iron-grip and say,”Jen, don't be so uptight. You've gotta let loose sometimes.” So, I quietly sit, nervously fidgeting with my bracelet and bouncing my knees up and down.

Since we have a lot of people gathered, one of the cheerleaders snatched the bottle from Tara and added a new rule that whoever spun the bottle, may give a Truth or Dare to the person who the bottom of the bottle lands on.

The first few rounds of the game were… shocking, at least to me. Somebody dared Tara to chug a whole bottle of alcohol in one go, which I found out she did with ease. Somebody dared one of the soccer kids to eat a perfectly burnt s'more. By burnt, I mean, it was pitch-black. I felt the boy's pain in his eyes as he struggled to chew and swallow, but nonetheless, he completed his dare. Then, one of Sally's friends asked Emily what's the worst thing she has ever said to anybody, to which she timidly replied with “Toerag.”

She's a saint compared to me, I have even lost count of how long I can't go without cursing once in a while.

Then, the bottle was in the hands of Katie, as she spun the bottle, all of my attention was fixed on the bottle, praying it doesn't land on me.