𝟺𝟽| 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛'𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎

“How many people are attending this party again?” I asked Addy, who was currently doing her eyeliner

“Almost all of the seniors at Riverston, I guess.” Addy replied, after doing a cat eye perfectly.

“What?!” I exclaimed, my eyes growing wide.

Can that many people even fit into a mansion? Well, I don't know.

“Yeah, that's not even half of the people who attend the infamous pool parties hosted by cheerleaders or the athletes.”

“Woah,” I shook my head and focused on getting dressed, thinking of whether I should straighten my hair or not.

You know what? It's not like I straighten it daily, so I'm gonna do it.

With that, my arms almost died when I finished straightening my hair.

“How do I look?” Addy asked, twirling around in her expensive, black velvet dress. The fabric looked soft and luxurious, and the V-neck added a playful touch to her allure. It had a slit on the left leg and the length falling just above her knee added a flirty vibe.

“Que bonita!” I complimented her, staring at her in awe,”Jake will definitely love it.” I added, at last.

“I hope he does,” Addy blushed, fanning herself.

Speaking of Addy and Jake, I'm dead sure that he will ask her to be his girlfriend today. I mean, it's New Year's eve, so they'll definitely share a kiss.

Before leaving, I admired myself one last time in the mirror. It was a simple teal dress which had a one-shoulder sleeve, which reached above my knees. Overall, it was well-fitted and accentuated my figure.

I loved it.

I didn't forget to check the gift I placed in my purse for Ian, which I'm planning to give him later today.

As we entered the luxurious villa, I couldn't help but admire the exterior. There was also a swimming pool, with people lounging on the chairs and pushing each other into the pool. It's even worse on the inside, The pounding of music, the rattle of bottles, the hum of conversation punctuated by shrieks of laughter.

It's loud. Way too loud.

Addy murmured something but I really couldn't quite catch it, “What?” I asked, my own voice not being heard, over the deafening music.

Addy was saying something again, and my brows etched in confusion. Soon, we were approached by a tall figure, who turned out to be Jake.

Addy gave me an apologetic look to which I mouthed “Have fun," and smiled at her, reassuring her before she left with Jake.

The only reason I agreed to come is because Ian asked me to. Never in a million years, I would've attended a party like this.

I took a few steps forward before I felt that familiar presence again.