⚢ Movies I

100. The Baby Formula

this mockumentary is about a lesbian couple that uses an experimental procedure which allows them to make sperm from their own stem cells to impregnate each other with the other one's baby. While the film didn't receive many favorable critical reviews, it does boast a heartwarming, happy ending, which, as you know, is a bit of a novelty on a list like this one.

99. joe + belle

Despite its harrowing premise, a drug dealer and a suicidal sociopath fall in love, Joe + Belle actually ends on a happy note. 

98. I Can't Think Straight

This is another film that lesbians either love or hate but this is a film is about two women from very different backgrounds that fall in love on accident. Tala is a Jordanian Palestinian woman living in London and planning her wedding. Leyla is a British-Indian who is dating Tala's BFF. They fall in love, fall apart, and fall back together again. It's very sweet and pretty dang sexy.

97. Lost & Delirious

This is about the friendship of three teenagers and how they experience it in a private school. Throughout the film, the lost girls question their relationships with one another and the authority of others while desperately attempting to seek out true love.

96. Jamie and Jessie Are Not Together

 Queer best friends Jamie and Jessie live together, spend all their time together, love each other deeply, but aren't in love with each other. 

95. A Perfect Ending

Rebecca reveals her unusual secret to an escort and tries to find her true self.

94. Jenny's Wedding

When Jenny decides to marry a woman, her conventional family must accept who she is or risk losing her forever.

93. Puccini For Beginners

When her inability to commit leads to a breakup with her girlfriend, opera-loving writer. Allegra winds up in the bed of amiable professor Philip. He is so smitten with Allegra that he dumps his lover, Grace, and convinces Allegra to continue their affair. When Allegra meets Grace, sparks fly, and she begins a parallel romance, unaware that her new lover is the woman Philip left to be with her.

92. It's In The Water

Hysteria takes hold of a small Southern town as a married woman begins an affair with another woman.This film hits all the 90's queer g-spots: beards, leather bars, AIDS, and anti-gay protesters foaming at the mouth. Plus some ladies making out in a supply closet, if you're into that sort of thing.

91. Better Than Chocolate

Not long after moving into her own place, Maggie finds herself with two unsolicited roommates: she recently divorced mother and her young brother. The timing is especially bad, considering Maggie has fallen hard for an attractive woman, Kim, only hours before they move in. What could be a non-issue becomes increasingly complicated since Maggie's family is unaware of her sexual orientation, and Maggie is not open to sharing that information?

90. Love My Life

Ichiko Izumiya is an eighteen-year-old woman who goes to language school in university and works part-time at a music store. She lives with her father, Housei Izumiya, who translates English novels into Japanese for a living. Her mother died seven years before the story begins. Ichiko also has a girlfriend named Eri Joujima. When she comes out as a lesbian to her father, her father shocks her by telling her that both he and her mother are also gay. They had wanted to raise a child and had agreed to marry in name to raise a child in Japan, while mutually being in their own relationships. The rest of the story shows Ichiko meeting her parents' lovers, her daily life, and love with Eri.

89. Family

A group of lesbian besties making a pact to come out together.

88. Tru Love

Tru, a commitment-phobic lesbian, is drawn into an emotionally close relationship with Alice, the visiting mother of her friend, Suzanne. As their affection deepens, Suzanne tries to sabotage the budding romance. In the end, Tru and Alice become physically intimate. Alice heads back home, and the relationship ends when Tru learns Alice had died on the train.

87. My Friend From Faro / Mein Freund aus Faro (Germany)

Just your classic German tale of a tomboy who assumes the identity of a Portuguese guy named Miguel after she plows down a pretty girl in the street.

86. Girltrash: All Night Long!

A college senior wants her sister to take her to a gay bar to meet her fantasy crush, but her sister has a mission of her own.

85. Ashley

Ashley tries to escape her troubled home and school life by cutting. She barely communicates until she meets Candice in a chat room, forming a bond that could lead to Ashley's salvation.

84. Antonia's Line

After World War II, Antonia and her daughter, Danielle, go back to their Dutch hometown, where Antonia's late mother has bestowed a small farm upon her. There, Antonia settles down and joins a tightly-knit but unusual community. Those around her include quirky friend Crooked Finger, would-be suitor Bas and, eventually for Antonia, a granddaughter, and great-granddaughter who help create a strong family of empowered women.

83. Female Perversions

Evelyn is a lawyer who is soon to become a judge, but her intense focus on her career has resulted in a cold demeanor and passion-filled but ultimately dissatisfying personal life. She has a boyfriend and a lover but connects with neither. When her sister, Maddie, gets caught shoplifting, however, and she goes to the middle of nowhere to save her, Eve gets the chance to learn more about her own demons and troubled childhood.

82. Daphne (UK)

Daphne's life is hectic, and she is entrenched in the daily rush of her restaurant job and an active nightlife full of new faces. She is the life of the party, but her acerbic humor hides the fact that deep down Daphne is not happy. She is forced to confront the inevitability of a much-needed change in her life after she saves a shopkeeper's life when he gets stabbed during a failed robbery attempt.

81. My Mother Likes Women (A Mi Madre Le Gustan Las Mujeres) (Spain)

A classical pianist introduces her female lover to her three daughters.

80. Cupcakes (Israel)

Best friends have no idea they will be thrown into the spotlight when they create their own song for the Universong contest.