⚢ Movies II

... continued

79. First Girl I Loved

  Anne falls in love with the most popular girl in her high school. When she confesses how she feels to her best friend Clifton, he does everything he can to sabotage Anne's potential romance.  

 78. Women Who Kill

  Morgan, the co-host of a true crime podcast, thinks her ex-girlfriend's new love interest is a murderer.  

77. All about my mother

  A Greek saying states that only women who have washed their eyes with tears can see clearly. This saying does not hold true for Manuela. The night a car ran over her son Esteban, Manuela cried until her eyes ran completely dry. Far from seeing clearly, the present and the future become mixed up in darkness. She begins looking for his father who has become a transvestite.  

76. The hours

   The story of how the novel "Mrs. Dalloway" affects three generations of women, all of whom, in one way or another, have had to deal with suicide in their lives.  

75. 'Pariah'(Recommend)

   A lesbian, Alike,  quietly embraces her identity and is looking for her first lover, but she wonders how much she can truly confide in her family, especially with her parents' marriage already strained. When Alike's mother presses her to befriend a colleague's daughter, Alike finds the gal to be a pleasant companion.  

74. Affinity

  After the death of her father, wealthy socialite Margaret Prior struggles to find direction in her life. Yearning for experiences outside her insulated world of privilege Prior becomes a "lady visitor" to a nearby women's prison in hopes of finding purpose through volunteering. Yet one inmate in particular, disgraced medium Selina Dawes holds a strange fascination over Prior. As she becomes more involved with Dawes, Prior's life opens to a dark, unknown world.  

72. Go Fish

  After leaving behind her girlfriend to attend college in Chicago, young lesbian Max West is introduced to Ely, a slightly older woman with quirky habits. While Max and Ely quickly develop an attraction to each another, a poorly timed phone call from Max's long-distance girlfriend, Kate, brings things to an abrupt halt. Meanwhile, Max's roommate, Kia, helps her girlfriend, Evy cope with some tough times at home.  

71. The Night Watch

  After World War II ends, young Londoners become linked by their shared experiences during the war.

70. The Hunger

  John is the lover of the gorgeous immortal vampire Miriam, and he's been led to believe that he'll live forever, too. Unfortunately, he quickly deteriorates into a horrible living death, and Miriam seeks a new companion. She soon sets her sights on Sarah, a lovely young scientist, who quickly falls under Miriam's spell. However, Sarah doesn't warm up to the concept of vampirism easily, leading to conflict with Miriam.  

69. Salmonberries

  Roswitha, a lonely immigrant, works in the library of a small Alaskan town. When ill-mannered, sexually ambiguous Eskimo Kotzebue rudely disrupts her work, Roswitha refuses to help the strange woman researching her family history. But as Kotzebue's repeated visits to the library begin to wear her down, Roswitha relents. Unlikely, a friendship blooms after the two strangers discover they share a love of the salmonberry; a wild Alaskan fruit similar to the raspberry.  

68. Miao Miao

  A teenage girl develops an attraction to a female friend, who falls for the owner of a music store  

67. Drool

  An abused wife accidentally kills her husband and takes off across the country with her best friend and the corpse.  

66. Red Doors

  The patriarch of a Chinese-American family plans to get away from it all when he retires, but the tumultuous lives of his rebellious daughters alter his plans. The eldest daughter, Samantha reunites with an old flame and re-evaluates her life choices. Julie, a medical student, is in love with a celebrity. The youngest, Katie carries on an escalating war of pranks with a neighbor.  

65. The Chinese Botanist's Daughters /Les Filles Du Botaniste

Li Ming, an orphan of the Tangshan earthquake, finds a home with renowned and reclusive botanist. Li instantly connects with her new benefactor's daughter, An. Soon their friendship turns into a secret and sensual love affair.

64. Itty Bitty Titty Committee

After getting dumped by her girlfriend, Anna meets a young feminist named Sadie who invites her to join Clits In Action (CIA) and forget her romantic woes. As Anna embraces radical activism, she also finds herself falling for Sadie, who is in a longterm relationship with an older woman who belongs to a more mainstream feminist organization.

63. Gray Matters(1940s)

  Sam and Gray are such a well-matched pair that it is difficult to believe they are brother and sister rather than husband and wife. They both share a love of 1940s movies and dancing, and when they meet Charlie, they have something else in common: They both fall in love with her. Sam must deal with unexpected feelings of jealousy, while Gray struggles to come to terms with her sexual orientation.  

62. You and Me Forever

Laura and Christie are best friends forever, until a rebel named Maria arrives on the scene and starts stealing Laura away.

61. Mädchen in Uniform (1931) (Germany)

  After the death of her mother, teenage Manuela is sent off to a boarding school run by the autocratic Fräulein von Nordeck. Initially withdrawn from the other girls due to her grief and anger at being sent away, Manuela is drawn out of her shell by the beautiful and sympathetic young teacher Elizabeth von Bernburg. But when Manuela's fondness for her teacher turns into a romantic attachment, it becomes a school-wide scandal.  

60. Camp Takota

  Elise has to take a job as a counselor at her old summer camp and reunites with two estranged friends who never left. When the camp is put in jeopardy, the three counselors band together to save it and change their lives forever.