Movies ⚧

1. BOYS DON'T CRY

  Young female-to-male transgender Brandon Teena leaves his hometown under threat when his ex-girlfriend's brother discovers that he's biologically female. Resettling in the small town of Falls City, Nebraska, Brandon falls for Lana, an aspiring singer, and begins to plan for their future together. But when her ex-convict friends, John and Tom learns Brandon's secret, things change very quickly.  

2. In a Year of 13 Moons

  Elvira Weishaupt, once a burly working-class butcher named Erwin, has made an enormous sacrifice for love. She has undergone a sex change for a romantic interest who has abandoned her, and she now must struggle to reconcile her past life with her present identity. The emotionally fractured Elvira visits influential acquaintances and old haunts in hopes of putting the pieces of her life back together and of confronting her lost love.  

3. Trans America

  Right in the midst of important changes in her life, Bree Osborne learns that she fathered a son, Toby, 17 years ago. Bailing him out of jail in New York, Bree poses as a Christian missionary. She plans to take Toby to his stepfather's house, but when she learns that the stepfather sexually abused the boy, Bree brings her son back to Los Angeles with her. As Toby begins to fall for Bree, she must find a way to reveal who she really is.  

4. The Danish girl

With support from his loving wife Gerda, artist Einar Wegener prepares to undergo one of the first sex-change operations.

5. The Crying Game

Irish Republican Army member Fergus forms an unexpected bond with Jody, a kidnapped British soldier in his custody, despite the warnings of fellow IRA members Jude and Maguire. Jody makes Fergus promise he'll visit his girlfriend, Dil, in London, and when Fergus flees to the city, he seeks her out. Hounded by his former IRA colleagues, he finds himself increasingly drawn to the enigmatic, and surprising, Dil.

6. Boy meets girl

Ricky, a 21-year-old transgender young woman living in Virginia, dreams of becoming a designer in New York. Must watch.  Available on Netflix. 

7. Ma Vie en Rose

Seven-year-old Ludovic announces to his startled parents, Pierre and Hanna, that he is, in fact, a girl. His parents first view his newfound taste for girls' clothes and toys as a harmless phase, but as other neighborhood parents grow concerned particularly Albert, Pierre's prudish boss and the father of Jerome, the boy Ludovic has decided he wants to marry they take steps to "cure" him.

8. About Ray (3 Generations)

Hoping to get support from his mother and grandmother, a New York teen prepares to transition from female to male.

9. Soldier Girl

In 1997, new Army recruit Barry Winchell is assigned to a base in Tennessee. He quickly befriends the quick-tempered Justin Fisher, who struggles with drug problems. One night, they venture out to a local bar hosting a drag show. Calpernia Addams, a transsexual drag queen, fascinates Barry, and they strike up a relationship. As Barry and Calpernia grow closer, Justin becomes bitter and recruits another soldier to help get revenge.

10. Hedwig and the Angry Inch

A German immigrant living in a trailer in Kansas is the victim of a botched sex-change operation. Adapted from the critically acclaimed off-Broadway rock theater hit, "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" tells the story of the "internationally ignored" rock singer, Hedwig, and her search for stardom and love.

11. Dallas Buyers Club

In mid-1980s Texas, electrician Ron Woodroof is stunned to learn that he has AIDS. Though told that he has just 30 days left to live, Woodroof refuses to give in to despair. He seeks out alternative therapies and smuggles unapproved drugs into the U.S. from wherever he can find them. Woodroof joins forces with a fellow AIDS patient and begins selling the treatments to the growing number of people who can't wait for the medical establishment to save them.

12. Breakfast on Pluto

As a baby, Patrick is left by his mother on the steps of the rectory in their small Irish town. He's discovered by Father Liam, coincidentally his real father, and placed in an abusive foster home. By the time he's a teen, Patrick identifies himself as transgendered, renames himself Kitten and sets out for London with a rock group in hopes of finding his mother. Along the way, he works variously as a magician's assistant, a prostitute, and a dancer.

13. Different for girls

Kim Foyle is a postoperative transvestite who values her well-structured lifestyle. That routine, however, is disturbed when a car accident reintroduces Kim to Paul Prentice. As youngsters in Catholic school, they excelled in making trouble, a talent Paul never outgrew. Paul does not recognize Kim as his childhood pal, and she does not remind him, fearing rejection. However, a budding romance between them is complicated when Paul realizes who Kim used to be.

14. All about my about my mother

A Greek saying states that only women who have washed their eyes with tears can see clearly. This saying does not hold true for Manuela. The night a car ran over her son Esteban, Manuela cried until her eyes ran completely dry. Far from seeing clearly, the present and the future become mixed up in darkness. She begins looking for his father who has become a transvestite.

15. Tangerine

After hearing that her boyfriend/pimp cheated on her while she was in jail, a hooker and her best friend set out to find him and teach him and his new lover a lesson. Available on Netflix.

16. Tom Boy

A 10-year-old girl moves into a new neighborhood and decides to dress like a boy. Her family moves into a new neighborhood, and this 10-year-old named Laure deliberately presents as a boy named Mikhael to the neighborhood children.

17. Beautiful Boxer

A Thai man who wants to have a sex-change operation becomes a champion kickboxer.

18. Laurence Anyways

A drama that charts ten years into the relationship of a male-to-female transsexual's relationship with her lover.

19. Romeos

A drama centered on the relationship between two young men, as one of them navigates the difficulties of life as a transgender man.

20. Rocky horror picture show

Sweethearts Brad and Janet are stuck with a flat tire during a storm, discover the eerie mansion of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a transvestite scientist. As their innocence is lost, Brad and Janet meet a houseful of wild characters, including a rocking biker and a creepy butler. Through elaborate dances and rock songs, Frank-N-Furter unveils his latest creation: a muscular man named "Rocky."