LGBT shows

... continued

Is LGBT THEME or HAS LGBT CHARACTERS! 

51. Gaycation

Openly gay actress Ellen Page heads out, with best friend Ian Daniel, on a journey to explore various LGBTQ cultures in locations around the world. Each episode finds Page and Daniel in a different country to see how different cultures treat the LGBTQ community. Along the way, they meet people who share their stories of struggle and triumph as they work to be accepted by their communities. Page and Daniel's itinerary include stops in Jamaica -- notorious for its homophobia -- where they explore how the gay community is seen through the island nation's famed Rastafari philosophy, and Brazil, where they experience one of the most dangerous confrontations of their lives in the country with the world's highest LGBTQ murder rate. On a lighter note, while in Japan they head to a party at the world's smallest gay bar.

52. Strut

Produced by Whoopi Goldberg, Strut is a new series about a transgender modeling agency and the models who are following their dreams in the fashion world, no matter the obstacles. 

53. Jessica Jones

This Netflix original is about a superhero named Jessica, who settles in New York City and opens her own detective agency, called Alias Investigations, which seems to be called into cases involving people who have special abilities. Suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome, Jessica wants to do good, but her primary interest isn't in saving the world, it's saving her apartment and getting through each day. Based on a graphic novel intended for adults, this is not a superhero story for the kids.

54. Orange is the new black (RECOMMENDED!)

Piper Chapman is a public relations executive with a career and a fiance when her past suddenly catches up to her. In her mid-30s she is sentenced to spend time in a minimum-security women's prison in Connecticut for her association with a drug runner 10 years earlier. This Netflix original series is based on the book of the same title. Forced to trade power suits for prison orange, Chapman makes her way through the corrections system and adjusts to life behind bars, making friends with the many eccentric, unusual and unexpected people she meets.

55. Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries

Phryne Fisher, described as wealthy, dangerous and glamorous, is a charming Private Investigator of independent means and excellent fashion sense. She's sassy, feminist and bold, and her stories will delight even your grandmother. A few episodes feature lesbian or gay characters, but the real Sapphic delight in this show is Phryne's dear friend Doc, a dapper lesbian Phryne often must call upon for medical expertise.

56. House of Cards

House of Cards is mostly about powerful men well, one particular powerful man, and his powerful wife, and all the other corrupt and powerful men and women who surround them. But there's also this girl! She shows up in Season One and the gay parts start in Season Two. Also,  the show's protagonist, Frank Underwood, is one of the few bisexual male characters to exist ever in the history of the world.

57. Master of None

Aziz Ansari's new Netflix show has also been a critical success, in part for its effortless diversity.  Plus, it features out lesbian writer/comic/actress Lena Waithe as Ansari's lesbian pal, Denise.