⚢ III

... continued

59. Bound

This classic is part noir-thriller, part butch/femme fantasy. Watch if: You haven't seen it 100 times already, or it's been longer than a year since the last viewing.

58. Inescapable

This is a cheesetastic film about two women who have an affair while they girlfriends are busy at a conference.

57. Heavenly Creatures

Based on a true story, Kate Winslet and Melanie Lynskey are best friends-turned-lovers who commit a terrible crime against someone who wants to keep them apart.

58. The four-faced lair

A couple and two friends bond over time, but things sour when their relationships morph.

56. Kiss me

A young woman engaged to be married finds herself in an affair with her soon-to-be stepmother's lesbian daughter.

55. Loving Annabelle

After getting kicked out of two schools for disruptive behavior, Annabelle is sent to a Roman Catholic school by her disapproving mother. In an English class taught by Simone Bradley, Annabelle quickly shocks both teacher and fellow students with salacious interpretations of the curriculum. Simone is drawn to her unruly student, defending her from headmistress Mother Immaculata. As they grow closer, Simone realizes she has sexual feelings for Annabelle.

54. The Duke of Burgundy

· A woman who studies butterflies and moths tests the limits of her relationship with her lesbian lover.

53. Mississippi Damned. (Recommended!)

This film follows a young girl and her lesbian sister, Leigh, as they struggle to find themselves and the love of others while also dealing with a less-than-desirable home environment.

52. Cloud Burst

  A lesbian couple escapes from their nursing home and drives to Canada to get married.  

51. Blue is the warmest color (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!) Available on Netflix

  Adèle's life is changed when she meets Emma, a young woman with blue hair, who will allow her to discover desire and to assert herself as a woman and as an adult. In front of others, Adèle grows, seeks herself, loses herself, and ultimately finds herself through love and loss.  

50. The kids are all right

  Lesbian couple Jules and Nic have been together for almost 20 years and have two teenage offspring named Joni and Laser, who was conceived via artificial insemination. Unbeknown to their mothers, Joni and Laser seek out their biological father, a restaurateur named Paul. Complications arise when the teens bond with Paul and invite him into their lives.