Movies ⚢ IV

... continued

29. Contracted

A young girl is date-raped by a stranger at a party and contracts what she thinks is a sexually-transmitted disease - but is actually something much worse.

28. Saving Face

Wil is a lesbian, but she does not dare tell her widowed mother, Hwei-lan , or her very traditional grandparents. She's shocked, however, to find out she's not the only one in her family with romantic secrets when she learns that her 48-year-old mother is pregnant. Unwilling to reveal who the father is, Hwei-lan is kicked out of her parents' home and must move in with Wil, which puts a strain on Wil's budding relationship with openly gay Vivian.

29. The Chinese Botanist's Daughters /Les Filles Du Botaniste

Li Ming, an orphan of the Tangshan earthquake, finds a home with a renowned and reclusive botanist. Li instantly connects with her new benefactor's daughter, An. Soon their friendship turns into a secret and sensual love affair.

28. Gray Matters

Sam and Gray are such a well-matched pair that it is difficult to believe they are brother and sister rather than husband and wife. They both share a love of 1940s movies and dancing, and when they meet Charlie, they have something else in common: They both fall in love with her. Sam must deal with unexpected feelings of jealousy, while Gray struggles to come to terms with her sexual orientation.

27. Imagine me & You

  During her wedding ceremony, Rachel notices Luce in the audience and feels instantly drawn to her. The two women become close friends, and when Rachel learns that Luce is a lesbian, she realizes that despite her happy marriage to Heck, she is falling for Luce. As she questions her sexual orientation, Rachel must decide between her stable relationship with Heck and her exhilarating new romance with Luce.  

26. Bumblef*ck USA 

Alexa moves from Amsterdam to a small U.S. town to film a documentary to help her make sense of her gay best friend's suicide. While she's there, she falls in love with a woman for the first time in her life. It only takes one summer for Alexa's life to change forever.

25. Nina's Heavenly Delights

Nina Shah, a closeted lesbian, returns to Scotland following her father's death and discovers that the family restaurant is for sale. Nina's father secretly entered a "Best of the West" curry competition before his death, and Nina vows to win the contest and save the eatery. Lisa, a charismatic woman who owns half of the business, agrees to help Nina, and soon the kitchen heats up with more than exotic spices when Nina falls in love with Lisa.

24. Monster

  Shortly after moving to Florida, longtime prostitute Aileen Wuornos meets young and reserved Selby Wall and romance blossoms. When a john attempts to brutalize Aileen, she kills him and resolves to give up prostitution. But supporting herself and her new girlfriend through legitimate means proves extremely difficult, and she soon falls back on old ways. More johns die, and Selby can't help but think her new friend is responsible.