Movies⚧ III

... continuation

31)   My Life in Pink

Seven-year-old Ludovic announces to his startled parents, Pierre and Hanna, that he is, in fact, a girl. His parents first view his newfound taste for girls' clothes and toys as a harmless phase, but as other neighborhood parents grow concerned; particularly Albert, Pierre's prudish boss and the father of Jerome, the boy Ludovic has decided he wants to marry, they take steps to "cure" him.

32) Southern Comfort

 Robert Eads, a female-to-male transsexual dying of ovarian cancer in rural Georgia. Striking a balance between Robert's biological family:  mother, father, sons, and grandson and his "chosen" family of transgender friends including Maxwell, Cas and Lola Cola, his male-to-female transsexual partner, Davis documents Eads's final days at the Southern Comfort Conference, a national transgender gathering.

33) Normal 2003

After a 25-year marriage to Irma, Roy Applewood shocks his family when he reveals that he has a gender identity disorder. The Applewood family is further thrown into turmoil when Roy decides to have a sex change operation to relieve the pain of being trapped in a man's body. Roy's co-workers are baffled, his church rejects him and his son, Wayne, struggles with the humiliation of having a father who now goes by the name Ruth.

34) La Mala Education (Bad Education)

  When an old friend brings filmmaker Enrique Goded, a semi-autobiographical script chronicling their adolescence, Enrique is forced to relive his youth spent at a Catholic boarding school. Weaving through past and present, the script follows a transvestite performer who reconnects with a grade school sweetheart. Spurred on by this chance encounter, the character reflects on her childhood sexual victimization and the trauma of closeting her sexual orientation.  

35)  Dressed to Kill

  When Liz Blake, a prostitute, sees a mysterious woman brutally slay homemaker Kate Miller, she finds herself trapped in a dangerous situation. While the police think Liz is the murderer, the real killer wants to silence the crime's only witness. Only Kate's inventor son, Peter, believes Liz. Peter and Liz team up to find the real culprit, who has an unexpected means of hiding her identity and an even more surprising motivation to kill.   

36) Better than chocolate

  Not long after moving into her own place, Maggie finds herself with two unsolicited roommates: she recently divorced mother, Lila, and her young brother. The timing is especially bad, considering Maggie has fallen hard for an attractive woman, Kim, only hours before they move in. What could be a non-issue becomes increasingly complicated -- since Maggie's family is unaware of her sexual orientation, and Maggie is not open to sharing that information.  

37) A Girl like me 

  The true story of Gwen Araujo, a young trans woman who was brutally murdered by four men in 2002.  

38) Let Me Die a Woman

 A documentary on the work of sex-change specialist Dr.Leo Wollman, including interviews with Dr.Wollman and a few of his patients, with an illustrated lecture on the various aspects of transsexuality plus actual footage of a sex-change operation, which is what gives the film its notoriety.