Introduction | Author's note | Cast

The carrion virus killed billions.

Mutating and killing, faster than they could find a cure.

It spread, disguised as a new strand of the flu.

Then, when the perished rose again to eat the living, the death toll sky-rocketed and the world erupted into madness.

Throughout the planet, survival colonies took in survivors, promising to protect the living from the ravenous dead.

The districts feeding these colonies, are the capitals of newly drawn territories in the United States.

Thirteen districts stood when it began.

On this day, only five districts remain.

Only ten (known) colonies receive district aid. The rest, are lost and left to their own defenses.

On the east coast, one district thrives: District 4 (in what was once known as Atlanta, Georgia).

To their last colony on the coast named "Richmond Hill", civilians have just over-turned their leader, Russell Wolfe, who was found murdered while imprisoned.

A religious sect of unknown beliefs and intentions, has made their way into the safety of the colony.

Alone they follow their prophet, Abel, who has made a deal to co-exist with the new Richmond Hill leader, James Doyle.

All the while, the dead wait to take them all for their own.

These are their stories, the chronicles, of what happens in the aftermath.

||

Author's note: This is book two of The Aftermath Chronicles. To fully appreciate the story and characters, I highly recommend going back and reading the first book, "Alive", which was a featured Wattpad book! (You can also read this book without having read the first, but what fun is that?)

Please, feel free to leave corrections in the comments. This is the first draft so errors (both spelling and grammatical) are bound to be made! Thank you for your help!

New chapters every Tuesday and Friday. On some weeks, I will post more chapters! :D

Trailer for "His Eve":

Main cast for "His Eve":