Chapter 1

"Happy birthday Casey!!!" Screamed my family interrupting my peaceful sleep and my dream of my mate that I would find once I turned 16. Did I mention that I was a werewolf? Because I am. Mates are werewolves other halves, we are told stories when we are pups about our mates about how when we find them our world will be complete and they will love us utterly and completely. I just hope my mate was like that. What I feared the most was rejection. I don't think I would be able to live through the pain that it causes.

"Casey? Casey? CASEY?!?!?!?!?!" I finally snapped out of my state of mind when my sister Esmay decided to shake my shoulders while my second oldest brother Blaine started to lightly tap my cheeks and then softly slap them.

"WHAT?!" I found myself screaming back.

"Wake up honey, it's your birthday remember?!?!" my mom partially asked partially screamed, at me.

"Yeah sis, you'll finally find your mate and live happily ever after, raising him and, like, twenty pups..." My sister Finley was cut off when five feral growls where heard. The loudest if them being from my father. My brothers Archer, Blaine, and Casen where the other four growling. all the while my mom me, Derilia, Esmay, Finley, and Gwenaelle just rolled our eyes at the boys. My twin brother, Casen, who I may remind you came out a twenty-ish minutes before me, pulled me to him in an almost bone crushing hug thinking that I would leave him permanently. As if.

Me and Casen are really close with each other. Always have been. We have this special twin connection or something that only strengthened when our brother, older than me by like thirty minutes and older than Casen by about thirteen, was killed as a new born because of a poison that was set into our incubators. He was the first to be in it and his death was immediate so lucky for me and Casen we weren't put in at all. Mom and dad said to us that it was a pack of rouges that were responsible for their brothers death. His name was Caden Calin. Our parents grieved over him for awhile all the while making sure me and Casen were fine. They didn't think that we would know to grieve for our lost triplet of a brother but me and Casen took it hardest, it's just because of the fact that we too were new borns that we didn't show it. We still are grieving over him. Because of the fact that we would have had a stronger bond with him than the rest of the pack or the family because of the fact that we were triplets makes it possible for me and Casen to see Caden once and awhile in times of enormous emotions. No one else but our siblings know. Not even our parents.

Back to the matter at hand. My 16th birthday is today and that means that today is the day that I shift into my wolf, and the day that I find my mate. I look over at my brother and see that he's thinking the same thing that I am and that's that Caden is watching over us and celebrating with our passed on relatives. I look over to my mother cautiously and see that she has a stack of pancakes that reach like a mile long. Alright so I'm exaggerating just a little bit but it was a huge stack of pancakes.

I was so focused on the pancakes that I didn't realize the 16 fancy-ish candles on the top of the stack burning bright just asking to be blown out. My mother noticed my staring and brought over the stack while Casen helped me sit up in bed. I took one look at the pancakes and candles then blew them out with only one wish that I wanted.

For my mate to accept me.

After I blew out the candles my father brought over plates and have out portions for each of the pancakes to each of my siblings with me and Casen getting just a tad but more than the rest.

Me and Casen are in my room while everyone else went to go get ready as they finished before us. Me and Casen sat on my bed and ate in a comfortable silence until he finished and left me to go get himself ready and to allow me to get ready. I got dressed in this really cute black lace dress with black sequined combat boots.  Then I curled my bright blonde hair and braided the front section in the back. (Picture above)