Chapter 1 - Magic isn't Real

Hey guys so this story has been on my mind forever. I have been wanting to start it for a while but I only seem to have luck in the werewolf section. I hope you guys enjoy the story and I hope your new year holds great things for you because I sure hope it does for me too!

Ginelle to the side

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 - Magic isn’t real

“Magic,” I snorted in the most unattractive way. “Do you honestly believe there is such a thing as magic?” I propped my feet up on the desk in front of me and gazed over at my friend Jack. I had to stifle a laugh from coming out of my mouth at his ridiculous idea. Magic was nothing but an illusion people throw at you so they can get your money. Do you honestly believe that magicians have the magical ability to cut someone in half?

“I am not saying it is true I was just throwing out the idea…” His cheeks turned a crimson color and he tore his gaze away from me. He nodded his head at one of his buddies sitting at the front of the class. Once his cheeks faded back to their normal colors he finally turned back to me.

I couldn’t help but let a small smile creep onto my face at his embarrassment. “I like to believe it is something that people make up to fill the void in their lives. There is reasonable explanations for most things that happen.” I flick my eyes over to the bad boy flirting with the good girl of the class; most people say that they are together because of magic… like it is bound to happen that way. “They could just be together because they have a strong attraction or they have something in common.”

“Or it could be locker six,” Jack replied with a wiggle of his eyebrows. He grabbed a notepad off the desk next to him and began to write something down on a piece of paper. He looked over at me and smirked slightly, “Locker six, I wish that Ginelle would realize her love for me.”

I rolled my eyes and snatched the paper out of his hands. Crumbling it up into a ball I chucked it at him with a grin. “You are ridiculous.” I heard the familiar sound of the bell shrieking in the hallways and stood up from my desk. I gathered my books in my hand and started to make my way out the door with him on my tail.

He patted me on the shoulder and gave me that teasing look. Without another word he switched directions and began his journey to our next class without me. I ran my hands through my hair and picked up my pace so that I would have enough time to make it to my locker. “Magic  my butt.” I grabbed my lock and started to put in my combination.

“You are talking about locker six?” my best friend spoke up from behind me. She leaned on the wall beside me and examined her long nails. She happened to be the complete opposite from me, preppy and gorgeous. She had all the gossip at the palm of her hands so of course she would know about this nonsense.

I swung open the door and placed my binder inside, grabbing my books for the next two periods. “Of course you would know about this stupid rumor.” I closed it shut and started to walk away when her hand reached out, stopping me in my tracks. I looked back at her; the look on her face held a serious expression. “Please tell me you don’t believe in it too.”