Epigraph

"I am standing in the ashes of who I used to be."

- Ember Graves

She needs time, like we all do

time to be okay with being okay
because sometimes feeling
right after feeling wrong
for so long is the hardest
thing to get used to.

{DESCRIPTION}

"This is what we have been waiting for, Ember. Because of her, we are at a spark of war. Nothing will be the same after this."

Ember Graves victor of the 67th hunger games thought that she would live out the rest of her life in peace. Never having to fear the games again. But that was not the case, things were different now that she won.

In the eyes of the Capitol she was beautiful and eveyone wanted her. Because of this President Snow made her a desirable, forcing her into prostitution at the age of sixteen. It was then that she met the Capitol heartthrob Finnick Odair and the two of them quickly became friends.

She thought she was done with the games. That she never had to step foot back into the arena. That she never had to be afraid of the reaping again, that she could finally live her life. But she was wrong.

Just when Ember thinks it's all over, that there will be no more hunger games for her to compete in, President Snow throws in a curveball. For the third quarter quell the victors of each district shall be reaped. She was going back.

 She was going back

{Status}

Started writing: 3/19/2021
Started: 10/2/2021
Finished writing: 4/23/2022
Finished: 9/23/2022