CHAPTER 19

Kriti's POV

The next morning, I quickly got the kids ready and sent them off to school. Mr. Idiot was being picky about his meal as usual, so I just ignored him. Rehan bhai and Dhruv bhai enjoyed the cheese aloo parathas that I had made. 

'So what time are bhai and bhabhi returning?' Rehan bhai asked. 

'They said they'd be back by 11ish' Mr. Idiot replied. Wow how come Bhabhi didn't tell me, and she told him.

'because I am her favourite' he said cockily. Shit, I really need to learn how to talk in my head and not out loud. I did the only thing that came to my head, I stuck my head out at him. 

'Real mature Kriti' he said with an amused grin, I just glared at him. Rehan bhai and Dhruv bhai were chuckling in the background. 

'Alright, I can sense some need for privacy, so Rehan and I are going to go now, we'll meet you at the office bhai and Kriti, I hope we'll be back soon, specially for your food. It's irresistible, really' Dhruv bhai said with that he dragged Rehan bhai out. Rehan bhai grabbed one more paratha before he let Dhruv bhai drag him. 

'Both stupid foodies' Mr. Idiot groaned. Just then I remembered something. 

'Mr. Idiot, we need to talk' I said. As though sensing my seriousness, he composed himself and nodded. We sat on the sofa and I grabbed my laptop. 

'Okay, shoot, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?' he asked.

'The thing is, I got reverts from all the colleges I had applied to. I got into all the 4 that I had applied to, and all of them are amazing, its just that 2 of them are not in Mumbai' I explained. 

'I see, so you wanna go to some other state to do your law course' he asked as if trying to understand what I was trying to say. 

'That's not what I am saying' I said. 

'Then what is it that you are trying to say?' he asked looking honestly confused and upset.

'I am having a normal conversation with you, telling you what is going on in my life and what I am considering' I told him. 

'Just when we were getting used to each other, you wanna run away again. Is that it, is it that every time we take a few steps forward, you wanna take a hundred steps back. If that's the case, please just tell me, then I'll stop trying' he said sounding frustrated and upset. What was he saying, had he gone mad. I never said anything along those lines.

'I never said anything like that, all I said was that I applied to some universities, I got back replies from them and now, I am deciding where I want to study. We live together, and even though this happened against our choice we are MARRIED. Which is why I am asking you for your thoughts. Why are you shouting for no reason' I asked irritated and confused by his behaviour. 

'Forget it, there is no point conversing with you, I seem to have forgotten that you are still a careless teenager. Tell bhai and bhabhi that I'll meet them in the evening. Also, once you decide where you want to study, send the papers to me, I'll sign them, since legally I am now your guardian' he said as he picked his suit up and strode out of the house banging the door in the process. 

I sat on the sofa, it was the first time we had fought since I had returned back here, a little bickering here and there was for fun, but this was serious. How could he call me a careless teenager. I'll show him what a careless teenager can do. I was just asking for his opinion, what he thought I should do, I didn' t ask him to randomly draw out conclusions. I thought as tears subconsciously fell from my eyes. 

I went to take a shower and clear my head before bhai and bhabhi returned. His words kept repeating in my head, seriously he is the biggest oaf in the universe, I thought angrily. Before I could pull out all my hair in frustration the doorbell rang. I opened the door, and finally smiled as I saw bhai and bhabhi. I hugged both of them tightly. 

'You and Sid faught' bhabhi guessed as we pulled away. 

'How did you know?' I asked shocked. Had he called and told her?

'I am Donna, I know' she said talking like Donna from Suits.

'You watch suits?' I asked shocked. 

'What do you take me for, a cavewoman?' she asked. I grinned, jumped and clapped like a five-year old before hugging her. 

'I have the coolest bhabhi ever' I said hoping to change the topic. She flicked me on the head but smiled nonetheless. 

'Enough buttering, don't think I've forgotten the original topic of discussion. Let's sit and then we will talk' she said. The three of us settled on the couches comfortably, after they freshened up. 

'Talk' bhabhi said looking at me with narrowed eyes. I felt like Neville with professor Snape glaring down at me. 

'Ok so what happened was...' I repeated the events of the day to her. 

'I see' bhabhi said rubbing her hands as though planning something with a mischievous grin on her face. 

'bhabhi, what are you planning' I asked worriedly. 

'Nothing' she said to quickly. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously. 

'Seems like he has started liking you' she said leaving me shocked. 

'Anyways, what is your first preference out of all of the colleges' she asked. 

'MNLU, I mean, National Law University Mumbai' I answered. 

'Well then why didn't you tell him that?' she asked.   

'He didn't let me complete talking, he drew his own conclusions, and he called me careless bhabhi, me' I said exaggerating, pointing towards myself. 

'I am going to show him how careless I can be' I told her and bhai. 

Hey guys, happy new year, the first update for the year 2021, I really hope you guys liked it. For them to go a step forward, I needed to take them a step back, so what do you think of their first fight, please do let me know

 If you did like it, please do vote, comment and share. 

Your comments motivate a lot. 

I hope 2021 is better then what 2020 had been for everyone. 

Stay safe and take care. 

Love you guys!!!