CHAPTER SEVEN: THE MIND FLAYER

And then the alarms had started going off, startling everyone as Bob let go of them both, looking around frantically in confusion, as did everyone else.

"We're too late." Rivers face fell said as Mike's eyes widened, nodding slowly in agreement.

"Shit." He panicked, running into back Will's hospital room as River quickly followed.

"What's going on?" Joyce asked the two they panted, their faces showing just how stressed out they both were.

"We're under attack." Mike said as River nodded, closing her eyes tightly for a minute in fear.

"Okay." River started, as she turned, grabbing a needle and handing it to Mike. "We need to put Will to sleep." She muttered quickly, in a worry as Mike nodded.

"W-What?" Joyce continued to question the young kids, causing them to pause quickly, and look up at her.

"He's a spy, if he knows where we are so does the shadow monster." Mike explained as Will moved around, shaking his head aggressively.

"He's lying!"

"He killed those soldiers, he'll kill us too!" River yelled out, watching as Will started to grow crazier and crazier by the second.

"He's lying! He's lying! He's lying!"

"Will, Will! Listen! Do you know who I am?" Joyce asked as Will took a pause.

"You're ..y-you're mom." He said as Joyce took a look at River and Mike, then Bob.

"Hold him down." She said.

"No, No! Let go! Let me go, Let me go! Let go!" He yelled hysterically as he soon started to fall asleep after Joyce injected him.

Rivers face filled with anxiety as she and Mike covered their ears. And they watched their best friend fall asleep in fear.

Hopper ran in to see the scene and paused for a while until they all heard demo dogs trying to break down a door.

"We gotta go, we gotta go!" Hop urged as he tried to rush everyone out, carrying Will.

Mike and River ran, panic filling their systems as they saw demo dogs almost everywhere. They all escaped into a room filled with monitors that showed all of the monsters everywhere in the hospital.

"Oh my god." Bob panicked, as the lights flickered uncontrollably until the power had simply went out.

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

As they all stood in the room, trying to figure out a way to get out, Bob was going on and on about a computer programming language to help them out.

"Teach it to me." Hop said.

"Oh, should I teach you french while i'm at it Jim? Maybe a little german." Bob spoke sarcastically with a sigh.

They continued to discuss, until finally decided Bob would be the one to help with the programming.

"Okay. I got this." He said to himself, with a quick nod before Joyce stepped up.

"No.." She shook her head slowly, giving him a worried look as he shook his head.

"It's okay." Bob had reassured before pulling her into a quick hug.

"It's gonna be okay. Remember Bob Newby? Superhero."

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

Hopper gripped onto his gun, cautiously walking out as he had Will over his shoulder, and the other three followed.