Chapter 7 - Repent

Ranisa's POV

I don't know how they will react to what I'm going to say but whatever the kingdom needs has to be done. I even stopped Ranasa from going to check weapons as he should also be here.

A Dasi came and informed me that Yuvraj and badi bahuranisa came to meet me. I nodded at her to let them in. They greeted Ranasa and me and took their seats. I just stared at them still contemplating on how to start the topic.

I looked at Ranasa once and he nodded at me to start. Taking a deep breath, I started, "As you both know, our kingdom is still in need of a heir for the throne. Although Yuvraj won over entire Hindustan, without a heir our kingdom will become vulnerable in the coming years." Badi bahuranisa tried to say something but signed her to stop and continued, "I know what you are going to say. Choti bahuranisa is pregnant and this time it may be a male heir. But it's not the truth, it's is once again a female child. "

Badi bahuranisa looked slightly tensed albeit her effort to mask that. And Yuvraj was looking quite lost. Before they think anything else, I started once again, "Two days ago I called Pandit ji to check Yuvraj's horoscope and see when will we get a male heir. But he couldn't accurately pinpoint when it will happen though he was sure we will get a heir."

" And he asked for choti bahuranisa's horoscope and checked it and predicted that she will have the sixth child soon but that will also be a girl. So he asked us to bring badi bahuranisa's horoscope as well to check since yuvraj's horoscope doesn't have a 3rd wife written in that." I can see yuvraj sigh and let out his breathe he was holding though I don't know whether it is of relief or frustration.

I continued, "And he told us that he could not just identify but also predict the future of the male heir from badi bahuranisa's horoscope. So he finalized that it will be badi bahuranisa who is capable of giving us a heir and it will happen within 2 years. "

Once I finished I looked around each of their faces. While badi bahuranisa kept her calm and emotionless face and kept pondering on what I have said, yuvraj was visibly angry though I know it's not anger but he is upset.

Breaking the silence of the room, Ranasa asked, "But I don't understand a point here Ranisa. If badi bahuranisa is the one who will give us a heir, then all these years why didn't it happen and how will it happen within 2 years? "

I didn't want Ranasa to involve in any ladies matters so I kept all the issues of bahuranisas with myself only. Still not wanting him to know about the hardships faced by his best friend's daughter who he adamantly wanted to be his badi bahuranisa, I replied, "Though they have been married for 15 years, Yuvraj is out for wars most of the time in the last 10 years and even when he is here he will be busy with work and the kids. As we already know first 5 years, they were not lucky. So I think it's just time that decides what should happen and when?" Ranasa didn't ponder over it much and nodded his head.

But his question has clearly affected the other two. One who is in slight shock and one who is blank which no one can comprehend. "Pandit ji said that the full moon day that is coming after 2 months is precious and will be a good time to have a heir", I completed.

Before anyone could say anything, Badi bahuranisa said, "I don't have any problem with that Ranisa. As a Royal, it's my duty to my kingdom." I felt relieved but before I could feel happy, she added, "But I have a condition." Everyone one in the room was puzzled so I asked, "what is that badi bahuranisa? "

She replied, "I think Choti bahuranisa's consent is also important in this matter. So before deciding anything she should give her opinion". I immediately said, "She will be informed of this bahuranisa. You don't need to worry. "

But She replied, "Sorry to deny you Ranisa. But I didn't say to inform her but I said to ask her permission." I asked," But why do you need permission from anybody badi bahuranisa? You are yuvraj's wife and it's your right. "

She looked at me straight in my eyes as always and replied, "Choti bahuranisa is also wife of Yuvraj, Ranisa and anything regarding yuvraj needs her consent as well". Saying that She asked permission to leave and she went away once we nodded.

I know what she meant by it. I couldn't help but feel extremely guilty of what I have done because of which two souls are at the opposite ends and my son whom I always wanted to be happy is confused about his actions and couldn't decide right and wrong when it comes to his family.

He was totally against his second marriage though he know how much important a heir is for the kingdom. He still wanted to wait for few more years for badi bahuranisa to get pregnant. I know very well that he would somehow convince me to wait even after a few years. It was just an excuse to avoid second marriage. But I didn't give up and pursued him to marry for the second time till he got fed up and said that If Badi bahuranisa gives permission then he will marry again.

I just made use of that chance and went to Badi bahuranisa and told that yuvraj has accepted to marry again so she as the first wife should send the invitation letter to the neighbouring kingdom with her stamp and ask for their daughter's hand for yuvraj. She gave me the letter controlling her emotions and tears which I showed yuvraj as her consent and scheduled the marriage within a week.

I know that if yuvraj asked her why she gave permission, she would just say it's for the kingdom as she would think that yuvraj is concerned about her not because he didn't agree before her consent. Although yuvraj spoke to choti bahuranisa before marriage and made his intentions clear amidst my attempts to stop their interaction, I was glad that she agreed to marry him.

Now after 10 years of these incidents, I can't undo anything that happened but make certain things clear so that I can get my forgiveness atleast from god if not from my son and badi bahuranisa.

With that determination in my mind, I went near to Yuvraj who was distressed about the whole situation signalling Ranasa to leave us alone to have some mother - son time.

Hope he will get his second chance.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you like the chapter, do vote and comment.

Thanks,
SM.