Forty | New Beginnings

Chapter 40 : New Beginnings

Grabbing my last suitcase, I stare around in my half-empty room. It felt strange standing here knowing it'll be a while before I'll be back. There were some memories here that I wanted to forget as I only wanted to remember all the good ones.

My family came to mind which made me smile sadly. I realized that I always had them by my side, but it never really felt like I did because it was really hard to talk to them about what was going on with me.

After I got out of the hospital months ago, I told them the truth. Well, except for the part about my wrist. The only person who knows about that is Damon and unfortunately Joslin.

Ever since she visited me unexpectedly in the hospital, she's been acting nice. Like she's been nicer to people, made friends when a girl who genuinely makes her smile. I think she has a little crush on her if I say so myself. It's all in the look. That one look.

I'm all too familiar with that look and I knew Joslin liked her. She was also back to smiling and waving at me in halls. It felt weird, but I was just glad that she had stopped being mean to everyone.

Grabbing my phone off of my sheet less bed, I check the time before smiling softly at a cute picture Damon took on my phone which I made my lock screen. It always made my heart swell.

Speaking of my devil, he walked into my bedroom, hands in his jacket pockets as his some of his hair was falling against his forehead and I found that hot.

"Hey, baby. You okay?" He asked, grabbing my hand and spinning me around once then pulling me against him, hands wrapped around me as he began swaying us slowly. I blush when he calls me baby.

"Not really. I don't want to leave you," I pouted and stared up at him. Damon leaned down to kiss my forehead. "That makes two of us, but this is what you've always wanted. No backing out now."

"I know," I sighed deeply.

"How about this," He stared back at me with a slight smirk and that made me look at him suspiciously. "I'm listening," I squint my eye at him.

"If you enjoy college and what I mean by enjoying, I mean make friends, go out and have fun but not too much fun," He gave me a look which made my eyes roll back hard.

"Seeing your eyes do that brings back those special memories," He grins and I push him away from me playfully. "Get to the point!"

"If you enjoy college for the next four years, I'll give you something. Something you've talked about nonstop as a kid," He smiles softly while I stood there confused, trying to guess.

"I talked about a lot of things as a kid."

"Well, you're just gonna have to wait for the next four maybe five years," He stares at me, that grin never leaving his face. My confused face probably makes me look completely stupid.

"So you are telling me that I have to wait for the next four or five years just for something I've talked about having as a kid?" He nods.

"You are joking," I chuckle, not believing him.

"What if you forget?"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱 - 𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 🎉