37-Everything

Anakin's POV
"Nightmares." (y/n) spoke up quickly before I had a chance to garner any logical explanation as to why we would be together late at night. Thank the gods for her quick thinking, my mind was racing to gather a believable fabrication, but I was drawing up blanks.

Mace narrowed his eyes at her, "Nightmares?" He glanced from her to me with a suspicious glint in his eyes; I nodded in agreement with her statement, which only caused his eyes to narrow at me as well. I couldn't care less if he believes us, it's the rest of the council we should fret about.

"Yes, ever since I went though, everything that I went through," She didn't bother going into detail, since everyone already knew the horrors of her past, "I've been having recurring nightmares about the experiences and Anakin has been talking me through them."

Mace leaned back in his chair and eyed her like he didn't believe a single word that she said, "Why haven't you spoken to the council about these so called nightmares then?"

"I talked to Master Yoda and Master Kenobi about them, I didn't think it was urgent enough to bring it to the councils attention since it is not affecting my abilities as a Jedi." She spoke confidently as she she shifted her gaze to Yoda who nodded to her with approval for her quick, believable fable.

Shaak Ti glanced over at Obi-Wan and Yoda, "Is this true, has she come to you?"

They both nodded simultaneously, "True it is, a good friend to her, Skywalker is being."

"Agreed, since Anakin has experience in that area from when he first arrived here and he had to deal with them, we thought he was the best person for her to talk to; it was my own idea that she went to him instead of the council." Obi-Wan added to help seal in our lie tighter.

The council began mingling amongst each other about the topic and from what I could hear; most of them seemed to buy into it, except two. Which was of course Master Windu, no surprise there, and Master Piell.

Shaak Ti nodded to us, "Well then I guess there's no more to discuss on the topic, sorry we doubted you young Skywalker." She apologized on behalf of the council with a smile and I politely returned a smile to her. But I was still mildly angry that they would even suggest that I had anything to do with what happened to Dooku. I've done so much for this council, it makes me nervous that they would question my loyalty so patently.

Master Windu sighed dramatically; catching everyone's attention, "But that still means there's a killer on the loose in this very temple, we need someone to lead an investigation; someone trustworthy." He eyed me in a judgmental way when he spoke his last word; inducing me to narrow my eyes at him in sheer annoyance. I'm clearly innocent, I don't get why he's always had such a problem with me, I've never done anything wrong to him.

Well.. I shouldn't say never.

Flashback(Age: Anakin-10 y/n-8)
"What is that?" (y/n) asked in a soft voice as she eyed the invention I made; which I just proudly set in front of her while we sat on the training room floor in our favorite spot; the spot we met.

I smirked as picked it up and held it to her eye level, "It's a bomb."

Her little eyes widened, "Anakin that's dangerous!" She spoke with worry as she slowly slid away from out.

I chuckled as I used the force to pull her back to her original spot, "Don't worry it's not that kind of bomb," I informed her to ease her worry and fear that I could feel radiating from her, "It's just a little smoke bomb." I shrugged as I stood up; holding my hand out to her so I could pull her to her feet with me. She gladly accepted it.