PROLOGUE

NOVEMBER COLLINS WAS NEVER fond of being woken up at the break of dawn before the sun even reached over the horizon and before the birds even chirped outside her window. She wasn't fond of hearing the sound of the ducks call she'd grown so accustomed to over these years blaring outside her house at 6:30 in the morning. And she most definitely wasn't fond of this reoccurring every single day of summer vacation since the moment they had gotten let out of school.

And by now, her unconscious and sleepy state had been so programmed that it was basically awaiting the loud calls she'd inevitably hear from her teammates.

"November Avery—" Lester Averman, the same red headed boy she's known since she was a kid began to chant as he stood on his rollerblades outside the girls window, cupping his hands around his lips to create an echo. But his words were stopped.

"Dude. Not the middle name. Do you want to die?" A blond boy slapped him lightly, stopping Averman in his tracks with a warning look in his eye. Of course, it was him, out of everyone.

Adam Banks liked to say he knew his girlfriend fairly well these past almost-three years of dating her considering he basically pinned over her since they were ten. And he knew well enough that calling November Collins by her full name while standing outside her house at the break of dawn was not a good mix.

Averman didn't allow Adam to say anything more as he started to holler again, staring up at the dark window they all knew was her room, seeing the curtains open. Though, for her window was on the second floor, they were nowhere near high enough to peek in to see the inside, thankfully. "November—"

Yet again, Averman's calls came to a stop at the sudden noise of the door near by opening. Adam was the most startled by the sudden noise for he had been the one standing closest to the opened door. The boy couldn't help but jump little until his eyes came to rest on the green eyed, brunette beauty that strolled out of her house. His gaze softened instantly.

November Collins greeted them all with a vile gesture, her middle finger sticking up as she closed the front door behind her, locking it with her keys before sticking them back in her jean-short pockets, allowing the lanyard to hang out.

She was nowhere near awake for she had just rolled out of her bed no more than seven minutes ago. Her lose white crop top was still slightly disheveled, her hair falling over her eyes as if she just ran a brush through it once before calling it a day. And most visible was her frown, grumbling as she stepped strolled towards them.

"I hate you," she seethed out, pointing strictly at Averman first before glancing at everyone else. Her index moved from the red head to Charlie Conway who stood beside him, then moving along the line afterwards. "And I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, and—"

Suddenly, Nova stopped as her finger moved from Guy Germaine to the boy towering over her with a smirk, staring down patiently while a gleam of entertainment flashed his eye. Adam Banks didn't say a word.

She let a grimace fall across her face, narrowing her eyes as she nodded gently. Her finger wagged in his face, "and I hate you especially," she quipped, causing Adam to just snort a laugh and shake his head.

"All I'm hearing is that I'm special," he grinned charmingly at her, and she wished she could restrain the smile that threatened to come out, but he could see just by the twitch at the corners of her lips and the sudden light in her eye that she was happy to seen him despite the circumstances.

Nova rolled her eyes playfully, "whatever keeps you going..." she grumbled.

She began to turn away before she felt his arms wrap around her, pulling her into his chest which she willingly buried her face in. She felt the warm breath of his laugh tickle her skin, vibrations from his chest calming her, and everyone couldn't do anything but watch in admiration as Adam Banks placed a loving kiss atop his girlfriend's head.