71

───

───

EVERYONE ANXIOUSLY ANTICIPATED THE outcome of naoya and himari's battle, as it determined who would be the next ruler of the country.

     the two held their swords, as sparks started flying once more, metal clashing against metal.

     "you whore! left me to seduce four men at a time, huh? what type of woman deserves to rule an entire country when she's a slut?", naoya insulted, causing himari to grind her teeth in indignation.

"like you men are any better! sleeping here and there in hopes of getting an heir. well? did it work? because from what I know, none of the zen'in boys were able to inherit the ten shadows technique except for megumi!", himari scoffed, to which naoya had glared at the woman.

     "at least I was born with a technique! and you? what good are you except for birthing children and staying pretty for display?!"

     himari then jumped up as naoya attempted to swipe at the woman's feet with his katana.

     "women are meant for better things! and women are human beings; they have feelings as well!

     you're the actual whore for disrespecting my feelings, toying with them for your own entertainment!

     it hurts! I just want to be loved and given the same treatment as everyone else! it's not fair that brothers, fathers, husbands, and sons, get more attention just because they're born the supposedly more superior gender!

     women are capable of great things, but you blind asses clearly can't tell because you never give us a chance!", himari ranted, feeling droplets drip from her chin, as she momentarily paused, touching her own cheeks.

the females of the crowd had all started sniffling, silently sobbing, as they could relate to what himari was saying.

so many times were they put down just because they were claimed as the "weaker gender". so many times were they told that they wouldn't succeed, simply because they were born females.

the four men stiffened up, watching as tears had daintily spilt from himari's enraged emerald eyes.

perhaps it was the original owner of the body, because himari could physically feel her heart break every time naoya attacked her, whether it be mentally or physically.

     naoya merely snorted, nearly about to burst into full on laughter.

     "are you crying? this is why women can't be on the same level as men. their emotions get in the way, and they act weak in order to get what they want!