15

"Tell me about her

"Tell me about her."

"About who?" I ask Christian surprised while I look up from my fries at him.

We drove until we couldn't anymore or else we would've left the city and we wouldn't make it back in time for next period.

Christian stopped at a small diner that reminds me of the one that I told him I work at, a few streets away from blush.

It's cute and small and I understand why Christian comes here often like he told me when I saw the cute waitress make him shiny eyes.

She's still standing behind the counter cleaning a spot for twenty minutes, her eyes on our table which makes me smile empathetic.

Poor girl is stressing about finding out what Christian and I exactly are while I try to figure that out myself.

"Your mom." Christian speaks up again making me look away from the blonde waitress and to him.

His arms are on the table his sleeves pushed up letting me see the diamond shaped head of his snake that's tattooed into his skin.

"She died a few years ago. Car crash." I say while my eyes stay on his tattoo.

I wonder if you can actually feel the scales that are painted so detailed on his skin.

"Not how she died. Tell me something about her that no one knows beside you." His words make me look up at him to see his hooded eyes already looking at me.

"Something just I know?" I ask brows raised.
He nods crossing his arms in front of his chest as he leans back against the rest of the booth.

The head of the snake moves with his arm and I concentrate on it while I tell him about my mom.

"Secretly I think she was the only thing that was holding our family together. My dad and I never really got along I guess because we're just so similar to each other.

My mom was the rock of the family in situations like this. She understood both of us and she helped.
She was probably the most strongest human I've ever known." I have to chuckle lightly because it feels so weird to tell him this.

"What?" He asks and I look at him to see his head tilted a small smile on his lips.

The beautiful wrinkles move around his eyes and I shake my head smiling while I look at my fingers.

"Now you have to tell me Sofía." The way he says my name makes goosebumps rise on my skin and I know if I would look into his eyes right now it would be over with me.

"Do you know Paradise City?" I ask tracing the pattern of the wood on the table.

"The song? Guns N' Roses sure."

"It was my moms favorite song and when I was little she always told me that everyone can build their own little paradise city.

It can look, smell and feel like you want. Like your little escape from the world and it's problems.