43

Paige.

Eres Academy

The letters  carved in big gold letters stood before me. Even in the storm it's name emitted power.

And memories...

Before I knew it, I was driving towards the majestic golden gates.

An intimidating knight approached my car. I rolled down my window and faced him.

"Name and business?" He asked.

"Paige Bennet, and uh..." I thought of what my business here was. "I'm an alumni."

"An alumni?" The knight raised his brow and eyed me closer. The way he eyed me scared me.

Suddenly the arch of his brows disappeared. "Ma'am, by any chance, are you Ashley Bennet?"

I pursed my lips and nodded. "The very same."

And just as it came, the intimidating look of the knight disappeared and was replaced by a jolly smile.

"Pleasure to meet you ma'am, you may enter." He then whispered to an earpiece. "Open the gates."

Suddenly the golden gates of Eres automatically opened before me.

"Thank you." I smiled and the knight held his hat and nodded.

I drove passed the gates and into the campus.

Just like before, the pine trees stood where they used to be. I drove passed the sports fields, the coliseum, the amphitheater, the oval of flags. I stopped my car when I spotted the grand palace in front of me. 

There was our school. It's ivory pillars stood amidst the storm, it's marble walls, and glass windows that reflected the lighting in the sky.

I drove slowly around the school. This is it. The place that changed my life. Completely.

Every corner of the castle's hallways had the ghost of my past memories. Those corridors where I used to stroll around with Aicko and Shari during break. The hallways where I used to run around to steal Aiden's food. The hallways where I stood up to Blake on my first day. All those moments seemed too long ago. And they all happened in this school.