Bonus Chapter

Bonus Chapter

"But Mom didn't die. She's right there." Henry pointed to Dani where she stood at his bedroom door, watching them with a smile on her face.

"No, but she gave me a scare." Heidi confirmed, brushing his hair back from his face. He was so big now she could hardly ever call him a baby anymore but deep within her heart he would always, always be her baby.

"But how come you never told me what happened when you went to Italy. Did you take her to Florence like you wanted to?"

Heidi nodded. "I did, and she got to see the city from the hilltop like she always dreamed."

Dani made her way to them then, taking a seat beside Heidi at the edge of Henry's bed. She turned to him too, smiling down at him with nothing but adoration. "Storytime is over, buddy. It's bedtime."

"Will you tell me the rest of the story another night?"

"Some other night." Heidi agreed. She turned out his bedside light before she kissed his forehead softly. "Goodnight baby, I'll see you in the morning."

"I'm not a baby anymore." Henry complained. "Mom, tell her."

Heidi looked at Dani, hoping that she would take her side, but she didn't. She was always on Henry's side. "You heard the man. He's not a baby."

"Well, you're always going to be my baby even when you old and grey." Heidi explained.

Henry laughed and snuggled up in his bed. "Goodnight Mummy, goodnight Mom."

Dani kissed him goodnight, too, before she and Heidi left his room to find theirs. "How are you feeling? Are you up for a walk?" Heidi asked Dani.

Dani thought for a moment. Her feet had been aching all day and not to mention how tired she was from waddling around with this everlasting gut in front of her. "Now?"

Heidi nodded. "Yeah. But if you're too tired, we can call it a night. I could draw you a bath and get you some cheesecake. Whatever you want."

Dani smiled. "A bath sounds wonderful."

Heidi nodded and reached for her hand, leading her into their bathroom. She started a bath and went downstairs to fetch a slice of cheesecake and a fork. She stopped in her bedroom on her way back up and pulled a small box from her top drawer, slipping it into the safety of her pocket before going to her lady.

She found Dani in the bath when she returned. She had her head thrown back against the edge of the bath and her eyes closed. Heidi watched her for a few moments, just admiring how beautiful she was. After all these years, she was still breath-taking, but Heidi thought she was even more beautiful now.

"Hi there, beautiful," Heidi said, making a pair of light grey eyes open up to meet hers.

Dani scoffed in response. "I am everything but beautiful right now. I am fat and exhausted."

Heidi smiled and brought over the cheesecake. She perched on the edge of the tub and turned to face Dani, placing a kiss against her lips. "I think you look gorgeous." She kissed her again before she offered her the cheesecake. "I brought you something."

"Oh my God, yes!" Dani replied with excitement as she reached for the cheesecake. She could almost taste it in her mouth already. She took a mouthful instantly, allowing her eyes to flutter shut while she savoured it. When she opened her eyes again, prepared to take another bite, she spotted Heidi on one knee beside the bath.

She lowered the fork as a question grew on her face. "What the hell are you doing?"

"So, I'd planned a bunch of fancy arse shite that I wanted to say but now I'm so nervous that I actually don't remember any of it." Heidi began in a ramble. She pulled out the small box from her pocket and opened it, revealing a platinum diamond ring. "So, I think I'm just going to wing it."

"Heidi..."

Heidi shook her head, refusing to let her protest before she did what she had wanted to do all night. "I never thought that when I met you eighteen years ago, I would meet my wife. I never thought that we could be anything together in this world but here we are and I wouldn't change it for anything."

"You've given me a family, Dani." She reached over and placed her hand on Dani's stomach, feeling the hefty kick of their unborn child beneath her palm. It made her smile, and she looked up at Dani to see a tear run down the side of her face. She wiped it away with her finger as she continued. "Why are you crying? You promised you wouldn't."

A laugh came out through her tears. "That's before I got pregnant. Now I'm hormonal and shit. Everything makes me cry."

Heidi held her face, her touch filled with love and care. "Danica Evangeline Harper, will you marry me?"

She nodded and wiped her face as more tears rolled down her cheeks. "Yes, I'll marry you. I'll marry you tonight, tomorrow. I don't care."

That made Heidi happy, not like it worried her that the answer would be no, but now she was one step closer to making Dani her wife.

She took the ring from the box and slid it onto her fiancé's finger before she was bringing their faces together for a kiss.

It still made her warm whenever they kissed each other, and it was still one of the most rewarding things to her in the world.

She felt a sharp pain against her lower lips and pulled away from Dani as she ran her tongue along it to taste the blood. "Ow babe, too hard."

"Sorry. I'm sorry!" Dani practically groaned as she stiffened in the bath. The cheesecake slid from her hand and landed into the tub with a slash.

Heidi studied her face, growing increasingly alarmed. "What is happening?"

"You've made me so excited and now I think this little girl is about to come out in this bathtub."

She froze then very slowly she stood up. "But you're not due for another month!"

"I know," Dani told her closing her eyes against the pain she felt. She waited until it passed before she opened her eyes and found Heidi's again. "It's go time babe, I think you should go call my mom now."

Heidi nodded and called Samantha over to stay the night with Henry while she and Dani hurried to the hospital. When they got there Dani was already 8 cm dilated and by the time, they got settled into their room it was time to start pushing.

Heidi was there providing comfort and support as much as she could. She would've done anything, paid anything as long as it meant her girls would be safe and sound at the end of the day.

She felt just as anxious as she did when she was in delivery with Henry. But all that faded away when she saw their daughter and soon the only feeling she knew was love.

Love for her son, love for her daughter and her soon to be wife. She couldn't ask for anything more in this world. She had all she needed and more and they would hold her love forever and ever more.