Chapter 5: The Appointment

I hope this update makes you feel better, black_and_white_JK!

Jungkook

'You're breathing, but you aren't alive.'

Jungkook looks over the messages between him and Jimin for the umpteenth time. They last messaged September third. It is now the seventeenth—two whole weeks since the incident. Whether or not there is any truth to Jimin's words, Jungkook isn't entirely sure. His words mean danger. His aunt has instilled this in him since he was old enough to ask questions about the outside world.

Jimin is a bad influence. He should stay out of matters that don't concern him.

That's what 'Good' Jungkook wants to think, but he can't.

The real Jungkook senses an honesty reverberating from the words the raven sent him, like a dark melody, turning everything Jungkook has ever known left, right, upside down, and inside out.

If he isn't supposed to be a hermit and stay inside, then what is he supposed to do? If he's not supposed to fear outsiders, then who can he trust?

If his aunt isn't always right, then what is the truth?

"Are you going to stare at that thing like a zombie the whole ride?" Jungkook's aunt eyes him through the rear view mirror. "I swear, you have an addiction. You'll rot what's left of your brain away. You should read more books instead."

"It's not like I have the most options of what I can do," Jungkook mumbles.

"What was that, Jeon Jungkook?"

"Nothing, Auntie." He smiles at her, biting back his own feelings of dissent in favor of being his aunt's good little boy.

Jungkook puts his elbow on the armrest of his motorized chair, his chin propped up on his palm as he lazily watches all of the somebodies have lives like it's nothing. Meanwhile, Jungkook is a nobody, writing about his characters' lives rather than living one of his own.

'You're breathing, but you aren't alive.'

The brunet focuses his attention on the car beside him, his cheeks warming up as he notices the passengers are two guys about his and Jimin's age, singing and dancing around in the vehicle. When they hit a red light, Jungkook's chest pounds as the guy in the passenger's seat looks at the driver like he's his entire world and then some. The driver takes notice of this and turns to face him, leaning in. Jungkook presses his face against the tinted glass, his full body overtaken with a buzzing sensation once the couple kisses.

Suddenly, a familiar pair of lips fills the brunet's brain. Full, pink, soft, inviting, intoxicating lips.

Jimin's lips.

Another man's lips.

Jungkook's aunt hitting the gas roughly and honking the horn snaps Jungkook out of his thoughts and he blinks quickly, sitting up straight.

"Why did you do that?"

"Because they were disgusting," his aunt deadpans. "If they're going to be profane, they should at least have some decency and keep it in their house."

The teenager sighs, once again reminded how his aunt will never accept him as much as she acts like he's her everything.

"How much longer?" Jungkook pouts, wanting to just get to the doctors already.

"In thirty minutes. I swear, Jungkook, I know you're the mental age of a ten-year-old, but you should know where the doctors are."

Jungkook scowls.