Chapter 11

It has been at least a minute since Barry had said the word Paris, he didn't know what to think or how Joe was taking it

It has been at least a minute since Barry had said the word Paris, he didn't know what to think or how Joe was taking it. Sure he could be back in Central City and stand right in front of him in seconds but he didn't want to leave his little girl especially after he said he would be right back.

"Joe?" Barry asked unsure what to say and how to tell Joe the truth.

"Why are you in Paris?" he asked his adopted son "I want the truth Barry I've been so worried about you" Barry immediately felt guilty the second he knew his adopted father had been worried about him.

"Joe I'm going to tell you the truth but please don't freak out and let me explain" he said after he got a light hum in reply he kept going dreading what he was about to say.

"I have a daughter," Barry said simply. He heard a gasp come from Joe across the line and knew he was shocked just like he was when he had found out about having a daughter.

"Let me explain, I found two days ago from Sabine, me, her and Iris were all best friends in high school and we dated for about a month or two in the final term of high school before she went off to Culinary School. I'm just confused because we never did but somehow she got pregnant with my child." he said, taking a second to take a breath before continuing.

"We broke up before she left for college, she said she didn't want to have a long distance relationship and that she knew I liked someone else." Barry said thinking of Iris.

"She knew you liked Iris before you did, didn't she?" Joe asked with a chuckle it was obvious that the poor boy was in love, everyone except the two could see it.

Barry hummed in response. "Do you now have a 6, 7 year old kid?" Joe asked. 

"She turned 7 a couple months ago and I promised Sabine I'd look after her now she's gone." Barry said sadly.

"What happened?" Joe asked his son.

"Sabine and her husband got in a car accident. He died straight away and Sabine was sent to the hospital where she died yesterday before I got a chance to talk to her. She called and told me we had a daughter and I promised her I would look after her." Barry summed up.

Hey guys,

What do you think of the new chapter? Do you think it was too long or not long enough? Stay safe

Comment, vote :)