1

We weren't meant to be--Feyre

-Feyre

Flashback

So it all started when...

Yet another day, I wake up late with the absolutely 'day ruining' sound of my alarm clock and I swear if it buzzed one more time I'll end up buying a new one by the end of the day. I think I forgot to close the blinds last night because now the sunlight is blinding me.

Suddenly with a jerk I threw the blanket away which till now was covering my face. As realisation hit me or more like my body hit the floor. Yes, you guessed it right I do have a bad habit of falling off my bed.

Well well guess who's gonna get fired today?

ME!

It's already 7:15 and my office starts at 8:00.

It will take me 10 minutes to get ready and 30 minutes to reach from which 5 minutes I have already spent overthinking and calculating the possibility of whose outcome will be something I am well aware of.

Jobless me.

Bless me for I was going to receive my first pay check today.

So guess who's going to be jobless and homeless now?

BINGO! It is me.

I quickly dressed up as soon as I can. Wearing my oh-so I'm late dress. Being honest it was just lying on the couch as I forgot to keep it in the wardrobe but anyways I live alone so nobody cares.

I surely am not ready to start my morning with my boss lecturing me so I grabbed my bag and locked the door, heading towards the beginning of my day. which I know is already going to mess up with my mental health.

---

When I reached the building, I greeted my colleagues. They informed me that sir is grumpy today so I ran towards the elevator. It is not that him being grumpy is something new, it is just terrible knowing I am late.

Ofcourse the day I get late is the day he chose to wake up by the wrong side of his bed.

As soon as I reached the first floor I started walking faster so that I won't be late but ended up colliding with someone. I saw a man in his early 50's on the ground groaning. I think I should guess already that my boss is planning my funeral.

Hmm, will the world miss me?

I think no.

"I am really sorry sir I wasn't paying attention. Are you okay? " I asked him panicking.

Even though I am concerned that he fell and probably broke a bone or two, what scares me more is that he can be a not so polite guy and if by chance he is, he can be an important client.

"Oh no, it's okay dear" He assured me.

"I am really sorry sir. Wait let me help you"  I told him as his files were scattered all over the floor as well as mine too.