Chapter 40

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
SMOKING/ALCOHOL

I had convinced my mom that I would see her tonight, two days after arriving in Italy. Lira and I stayed at a hotel and I could tell my mom's suspicions only grew. Why would her son be staying at a hotel when he could just come home. Shit.

Raf was panicking although he never admitted or looked it but he was screwed if my parents ever found out that he slept with Marina. I wasn't all too bothered. I would, however, never snitch on him.

"The red dress or the black?..No maybe..no I can't go in jeans." Lira muttered as she held dresses in her hands. I could see that she wanted to make a good impression but in the Mafia was there even such a thing but to my parents there definitely was.

"The red is fine." I smiled as I adjusted my tie. She stood in her underwear, her tan skin glowed in the evening light. Her hair fell in soft dark curls as she thought about her options. "I'll wear the red." She stated. She dropped all the dresses and walked over to me. Her fingers brushed mine away from my tie. "There." She smiled when she corrected my tie. I resisted putting my hands around her waist and instead I went downstairs to leave her alone to change and do whatever makeup she wanted.

"So shall we go?" Lira asked when she stepped down from the hotel steps. I stopped talking into my phone and turned it off. Her mini red dress hugged her body, showing off her toned arms and legs. "Hey my eyes are up here." She chuckled as she approached me. I cleared my throat and held her car door open.

"But surely that rule doesn't apply to me?" I teased back with a smile of my own. She hummed and got comfortable in the dark leather seats of the SUV. When I sat down beside her, she found my hand and interlaced our fingers. "Just be yourself." I looked down at our hands in the dim lighting.

"Admir would tell me not to be myself." She grinned, the light reflected off her white teeth. "Well I like who you are so don't ever change." I whispered as I pulled out a small velvet covered box. "For you." I said as I handed her the box.

"Enzo, you spoil me too much. I don't need anything." She sighed as she fiddled with the box. She opened it to reveal a simple diamond necklace. "It's beautiful." She smiled while touching the gem.

"It's only something small." I reassured her. She brushed her hair to one side and let me put the necklace around her neck. I leaned in and kissed her neck, breathing in her musky scent. "Just what am I going to do about you?" She chuckled lightly.

"You could always repay me..." I smirked. She chuckled and leaned closer to me, our bodies touching. I felt her hand on my thigh. "Maybe one day." She teased. I gulped as she let go of my thigh. The things she made me feel, fuck.

We stopped at an apartment building. Emily's. "What are we doing here?" Lira asked with confusion. "My sister would also like to meet you." I smiled and led her up to the apartment. "Mara?" She grinned. I hummed and nodded.

I knocked on the white door and awaited an answer. "I should have brought flowers." Lira shook her head. "That's your fault, you never told me." She scoffed but smiled when the door opened.

"Mara." I smiled gently at her. She was dressed down in pyjamas, with ice cream on her lips and fluffy bunny slippers on her feet. Behind her was Emily who sat on the sofa, eating ice cream and watching a movie. "Sorry to disturb movie night but I'd like to introduce my girlfriend to you. This is Lira." I spoke proudly.

"Oh my God. You're absolutely gorgeous. Where did he find you? Oh come in come in." Mara rushed quickly and waved us inside. "It's nice to meet you, Enzo's told me a lot about you." Lira smiled. By now Emily had also got to her feet and stood beside Mara.